Can I do more than one of the WDW parks in one day?

Ariana Rose

Earning My Ears
My boyfriend and I are going to the Bahama's in September and have decided to stop off in Orlando on the way back for 3 nights. I've been a lot when I was younger whereas it's his first time so we want to cram in as much as possible.. due to the fact we're only there three nights can anyone tell me whether it's possible to do two of the parks in one day? and what time they open/close? We want to do Magic Kingdom and Typhoon Lagoon. Any help would be massively appreciated. Thanks! :)

You can do multiple parks in 1 day as long as u buy the tickets with park hopper option. Also not sure but I think u can only make your first 3 fast passes for 1 park...after that I think u can park hop and make a 4th fast pass at the second park but not really sure how that works yet :)

If you only want to go to MK and Typhoon Lagoon, you wouldn't need to have a "park hopper" option on your ticket. Hoppers are only required if you want to go to more than one of the four main parks in the same day (say, you want to go to MK and Epcot on the same day).

Water parks are separate - you don't need the hopper option to go to one of the main parks and a water park on the same day (for example, you can go to MK and Typhoon on the same day without a hopper).

The four main parks are Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom. To go to two or more of those main parks in the same day you would need a hopper.

Hope this helps!

To add to ZoZos post, if you want to go to a Water park, you can't use a Theme Park ticket to do so. You will need to buy a separate Water Park Ticket. There is a Water Parks and more option that bundles with the Theme Park tickets, but this is NOT a value if you are only going to a Water Park once.

As for park hours, they are announced a little over 6 months in advance on the WDW website. I prefer to use the crowd calendars at easywdw.com. This site gives great recommendations on which park to do each day. It's possible to visit 2 theme parks in one day if you have Park hopper tickets. But you will miss a lot of stuff if you do. Each park really deserves 1 or 2 days just to hit all the main attractions.

The link below is for the site that we rely on when we are planning a trip. The blogger behind the site is a statistician. He has recommended touring plans and periodically he follows his plans to verify they still work. He also recommends particular park(s) for each day. The drivers may be Extra Magic Hours, special events, etc. With only three days, you may not be able to hit the preferred days but it is worth looking at.

Disney often updates the park hours, parades and fireworks schedules.

The Food & Wine Festival starts Sep 14th if you are going in the second half of the month.

http://www.easywdw.com/easy/calendars/september-2016-walt-disney-world-crowd-calendar/

Theoretically yes it is possible I remember years ago that's what my family would use to do. We would usually start at either EPCOT or MGM, but for this example let's use EPCOT as an example.

EPCOT
Get in the park when it first open and hit Test Track. After that we would usually hit the Living Seas. Then we would head out the park and head to the buses.

MGM
Board bus and take it over to MGM where we would then head straight to Tower of Terror and Rockin Roller Coaster. We would then ride which had the shorter line at the moment. Get off that ride and head to next ride. Depending on the time catch a show of there is one at the time. Head to exit and board bus.

Magic Kingdom
Once we got in the park head over to Tomorrowland. We would first do Alien Encounter and then head over to Space Mountain. Once we were done with Space Mountain we would head straight over to Haunted Mansion bypassing Fantasyland. Once we were done with HM on out way to Country Bear Jamboree. After the show was over make our way to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad once we were done with Big Thunder it was off to Splash Mountain. After Splash we rode Pirates. After we just kind of relaxed. At the time we never did Animal Kingdom because we had only been once we weren't impressed at all. Animal Kingdom has made improvements though since then

It's definitely possible to go to more than one park in a day (of course, as has been said you need Park Hoppers). You'll end up doing a selection of things in each of the parks you choose. This can be a really fun way to do things. You can explore one park in the morning (right when it opens), maybe rest a bit in the afternoon, then go to another to enjoy some of the evening shows/fireworks/etc.

I went solo in December and went to three parks in one day: Animal Kingdom at rope drop, then bus to Epcot to walk around Word Showcase, then walked to Hollywood Studios.

I would take a look at park closing times. That's how we normally plan our park hopping. Weve done hollywood studios, epcot and MK in one day before because MK was closing at midnight. Animal kingdom is a good one to park hop from because it closes earlier (unless you will be there in may/late april because of the night show being added, who knows what time the park will close yet....)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter