Can i add my military son to my vacation?

JecHec

Mouseketeer
Hi guys. I have a question for you. We have a cruise reservation for 2023. Question is- my military son may be home for that. If he decides to come with us, can i add him before we leave.

Yes, he can either be added to you room or he could get a room next door. Cheaper If he stays will you

You would probably be best to add him now as you will pay the current price at the time you add him and it might go up the longer you wait. If you find out before your PIF date that he can’t go, you can always remove him from the reservation and get 100% of your deposit back.

You would probably be best to add him now as you will pay the current price at the time you add him and it might go up the longer you wait. If you find out before your PIF date that he can’t go, you can always remove him from the reservation and get 100% of your deposit back.

Plus, the lifeboat space could fill and then you wouldn't be able to add him.

In order to add a guest to any room, there are 3 "gates" that must be cleared:
1 - is there an available bed spot in your stateroom?
2 - is there space available in your assigned lifeboat?
3 - if <18 is there space in the appropriate kids' club?

Presumably #3 doesn't matter for your situation. Even if YES to #1, it could be a NO to #2. It's always better to include someone early and then drop that guest later, because it can be harder to add a guest due to the reasons above. Also the cost could increase the longer you wait.

Also, Disney frequently has military dates that are significantly cheaper than regular. They usually come out a couple of months before the cruise. Your son should be able to schedule his leave then if there's a fare available for your cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter