Can I add a day?

mommy2allyandaveri

DIS Veteran
We have 2 day hoppers and reservations. It seems like there must be a way to add a day on line. We have tried chatting, they said they would respond in 72 hours. Tried call and they said que is closed.

We have 2 day hoppers and reservations. It seems like there must be a way to add a day on line. We have tried chatting, they said they would respond in 72 hours. Tried call and they said que is closed.
Same boat here. Would like to add a 5th day, but not holding out hope. I don't think there has ever been a way to add a day online; it was always a trip to the ticket booths before the end of your last day. Maayyybe you can do it through WDTC over the phone, if you had a package or tickets booked direct? Hope so!

With the limited capacity, adding a day may deprive someone else from getting in the park. Disney may be trying to make the park available to as many different people (and their money) as possible.
BTW, I'm not judging - I would try to get another day too.

Same boat here. Would like to add a 5th day, but not holding out hope. I don't think there has ever been a way to add a day online; it was always a trip to the ticket booths before the end of your last day. Maayyybe you can do it through WDTC over the phone, if you had a package or tickets booked direct? Hope so!

Trying to call again today, will post how it goes. You can very easily add for WDW on line and they have a similar reservation system. Not sure why DL would not offer the same.

With the limited capacity, adding a day may deprive someone else from getting in the park. Disney may be trying to make the park available to as many different people (and their money) as possible.

I don't really understand your post. I have 2 day tickets and want to add a 3rd. I could have bought up to 5 days initially. Not sure how my adding a 3rd day would be depriving someone else? The park has availability.

I doubt it. There is a plenty of availability on the calendar so adding a day deprives someone else of nothing. Disney wants the extra money.

Trying to call again today, will post how it goes. You can very easily add for WDW on line and they have a similar reservation system. Not sure why DL would not offer the same.

OK, hope you get through. DLR has been operating for a few years on a different tech-track and back-end than WDW. They lack alot of features of MDE and seemed to be re-inventing the wheel on a few other things.

That may have changed recently. The apps are looking much more alike and obviously DLR is intergrating the same Park Pass system. We will see how it continues!

I was in the same boat but did something really stupid because I panicked... I bought a 2 day but wanted a 3 day and couldn’t add a day, so I cancelled reservations for my dates and ended up BUYING a 3 day ticket. Now I’m stuck with a total of 5 days worth of tickets, 3 days of reservations and spending extra cash on what should have been simple. I called and get the queue, I emailed last week and still haven’t got an answer. Hope you have better luck! At least you didn’t spend extra money! I’m hoping I can transfer the 2 days to family but crossing my fingers for any answer

Day 3 of trying to call. yesterday managed to get in their que and held for 3 hours before being disconnected. tried calling the moment they opened this morning, still says high call volumes but at least I didn't get the que full message so that's something.

I should add that you cannot add a day if it is before your current reservations, it has to be after (unless something changes), because your ticket has to be active (you've already entered a park) in order to upgrade.

I feel like DL really screwed up here and are making it extremely complicated. WDW has the same reservation issue and you can very easily add days on well before your trip. Not sure why DL couldn't do the same with their reservation system.

Update, there is absolutely NO WAY to upgrade/add on a day until you are at the park and activate your ticket. Must be done at the ticket counter

Oh that's rough. :( So if you purchase a 2-day ticket and you decide to add a day, you could do it at the park and run the risk of not being able to get a reservation for your extra day, or you could buy a 1-day ticket before your trip, at the higher price point, to make sure you can get a reservation for your extra day. Yikes.

Oh that's rough. :( So if you purchase a 2-day ticket and you decide to add a day, you could do it at the park and run the risk of not being able to get a reservation for your extra day, or you could buy a 1-day ticket before your trip, at the higher price point, to make sure you can get a reservation for your extra day. Yikes.

Yes, you can only add on if there is availability, once your park days have started. So only at the end of your trip.

They told us we could refund our 2 day tickets and buy 3 day tickets, but 2 of our dates are already sold out so that doesn't work.

Hopefully this info will help others and save you hours on the phone.

I should add that you cannot add a day if it is before your current reservations, it has to be after (unless something changes), because your ticket has to be active (you've already entered a park) in order to upgrade.

I feel like DL really screwed up here and are making it extremely complicated. WDW has the same reservation issue and you can very easily add days on well before your trip. Not sure why DL couldn't do the same with their reservation system.
Yeah, with trying to reduce as many human contact points as possible, seems ridiculous that something as simple as adding a day is made to be complicated.

And now with the reservation system, if you can't add a day to your trip until you're there, when daily reservations start getting booked weeks out like WDW is seeing now, there's no way you'll be able to use any extra days you may have wanted to buy.

Exactly! Yikes

Yes, you can only add on if there is availability, once your park days have started. So only at the end of your trip.

They told us we could refund our 2 day tickets and buy 3 day tickets, but 2 of our dates are already sold out so that doesn't work.

Hopefully this info will help others and save you hours on the phone.
They can refund?? Good to know since I can’t get through and am still waiting. I went ahead and bought a 3 day so I need to do something with my 2 day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter