• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can half of family tap into park and reserve DAS ride for rest of family?

DisneyNOVA1

Earning My Ears
Half of family will go a little early to HS. Can they reserve DAS for everyone even though they haven't tapped into HS yet? Or does everyone have to scan into park in order to reserve the DAS reservation?

The DAS user and kids will be in park. They will make ROR DAS reservation as soon as they scan into HS. I will be along in the next 1 hour or so. Will they be able to add me once I scan in an hour +/- for ROR or am I out of luck and have to schedule me at the next available DAS time for ROR (so possibly an hour after they ride)?

The DAS user and kids will be in park. They will make ROR DAS reservation as soon as they scan into HS. I will be along in the next 1 hour or so. Will they be able to add me once I scan in an hour +/- for ROR or am I out of luck and have to schedule me at the next available DAS time for ROR (so possibly an hour after they ride)?

I wouldn’t think that you would be able to be added to an existing DAS return time.

Are you asking about DAS or Genie+?

DAS return times are based on the posted wait times at the moment the DAS return is requested. Anyone not in the park yet cannot be included, but you could be included on the next DAS return time your party schedules. The DAS holder must ride. So in your example you cannot join the RoR DAS return time the group schedules, and can only be included if the DAS holder plans to ride again with you after the first DAS return time is used. Anyone in the group can only hold 1 DAS return time at any given point of the day. You schedule another after using it, not necessarily an hour later.

Genie+ can be booked at 7am before anyone enters the park. The next can be book 2 hours after park opening or as soon as the first is use. Whichever occurs earlier.

Everyone who will be added to the DAS Return Time needs to be in the park when the Return Time is made.
You won’t be to do this:
“schedule me at the next available DAS time for ROR (so possibly an hour after they ride)?”

unless you have your own DAS or the DAS User schedules another DAS Return Time they plan to ride on that includes you. DAS Return Times are based on the current wait in the Standby line, which could be well over 1 hour by the time you get there

This is what I was looking for, thank you. Too bad I can't be added to their DAS Return Time once I swipe in!

I haven’t tried this since the new in-app DAS requests can be made, but in the past I’ve always been able to get everyone on my DAS return time (whether tapped in or not) when requesting the return from a CM. The person with the DAS is the only person that has to be tapped in, in my experience. But obviously, it appears that others have had the opposite experience so I can’t guarantee it would be the same for you.

Have tried in past when on
I haven’t tried this since the new in-app DAS requests can be made, but in the past I’ve always been able to get everyone on my DAS return time (whether tapped in or not) when requesting the return from a CM. The person with the DAS is the only person that has to be tapped in, in my experience. But obviously, it appears that others have had the opposite experience so I can’t guarantee it would be the same for you.

I have had the complete opposite of this numerous times over several trips. We have had family IN another park (so ticket was used) or at hotel and heading our way and we were refused by CMs to add them to our DAS until they tap into the park we are in. We were always told the system will not add them until they scan into the park we want the DAS for.

You are the first person I have heard say they were able to do so.

Have tried in past when on

I have had the complete opposite of this numerous times over several trips. We have had family IN another park (so ticket was used) or at hotel and heading our way and we were refused by CMs to add them to our DAS until they tap into the park we are in. We were always told the system will not add them until they scan into the park we want the DAS for.

You are the first person I have heard say they were able to do so.
It’s always interesting to me when there are such different experiences. I didn’t even know this was an issue bc they never acted like it was a special treatment. They just asked me who would be riding with me. That’s it!

But now that I think about it, I do remember it happening more than once when others in my party would go to get a return time for me, and they were told by the CM that the person not in the park couldn’t be added. I assumed it was a new CM who didn’t know how to do it, but apparently that’s the normal thing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter