• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can facemasks (the kind you snorkel with) be used in Disney pools?

lorenae

I'm going to Disney World!
My two grandsons are both on the spectrum, and cannot tolerate water by their noses. They love to swim, but can’t even use swim goggles, they need the mask that covers their mouths and noses.
They aren’t allowed to use them in our local pool, only googles, so they will go but not really go in. Does Disney allow masks in the pools at ASMo?

Our local pool allows snorkel masks if it doesn't enclose the nose. My guess is it would be up to the lifeguard at WDW, as are many pool rules there.

When we were there in July we saw a kid get told by lifeguards he couldn’t wear goggles that covered his nose.

My kids used to wear over the nose snorkel masks when they swam. They are not allowed to be worn on slides at Disney pools, lifeguards would not let our kids wear them. That's what eventually helped my kids progress to wearing regular swim goggles- the allure of the slide helped them get used to wearing the goggles. No lifeguards said anything about them wearing over the nose masks while swimming at various resorts.

Be aware also that swim masks are frequently taken from us at the pool- they get swiped very quickly when left on a chair. The past 3 trips we had snorkel masks and goggles taken at Disney pools. Not a huge deal for most people, but when our kids were younger and they would only wear the snorkel masks it was devastating if we didn't have a backup mask- some of my children would refuse to go in the pool without a mask.

My kids used to wear over the nose snorkel masks when they swam. They are not allowed to be worn on slides at Disney pools, lifeguards would not let our kids wear them. That's what eventually helped my kids progress to wearing regular swim goggles- the allure of the slide helped them get used to wearing the goggles. No lifeguards said anything about them wearing over the nose masks while swimming at various resorts.

Be aware also that swim masks are frequently taken from us at the pool- they get swiped very quickly when left on a chair. The past 3 trips we had snorkel masks and goggles taken at Disney pools. Not a huge deal for most people, but when our kids were younger and they would only wear the snorkel masks it was devastating if we didn't have a backup mask- some of my children would refuse to go in the pool without a mask.

I guess we won’t bring them, but they likely won’t want to swim if there is even a remote possibility that water will touch their noses. The older one is starting to outgrow it anyway, but the younger one with his autism may not.

I guess we won’t bring them, but they likely won’t want to swim if there is even a remote possibility that water will touch their noses. The older one is starting to outgrow it anyway, but the younger one with his autism may not.

Have they tried the nose clips?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter