• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

can ecv's fit into most deluxe rooms?

bethclayton

DIS Veteran
hi! my mom will be joining us on our next trip. she does not need a handicap-accessible room. she can get around the room by walking; however, she can't walk much further than that and will therefore be renting a scooter for the duration of her stay.

we will be staying at the GF in a RPC room. long story short, for her to be guaranteed a bigger room (king deluxe), she would have to stay on a different floor than us and she will NOT hear of that. her priority is to be as close to us as possible, but we are a family of four so we need 2 queens. so, she will likely book just a standard-sized room with two queens so that she can be near us. she will request a king to free up some space, but there's no guarantee.

should she be worried about the ecv physically fitting into the standard-sized GF room and being able to plug it in? that's the only thing she's worried about. she just wants to make sure she can get it in there and plug it in overnight.

thanks in advance for your help!!!

We stayed at Pop Century in a standard room (which is much smaller than GF) and had no problem getting the scooter in and out. The only thing we did was to move the table and chairs to the other side of the dresser, and still had lots of room to walk around. Have a great time!princess:

I never had any problems in any of the Disney Resorts to fit an ECV in the room. Note the doors are all 36 inches wide while most ECVs are 24 inches or less. You might want to bring along a short extension cord (9 feet) with a ten amp or higher rating in case there is no convenient outlet.

thank you both so much for your help. i'm relieved. also, the idea to bring an extension cord is a GREAT one! we have a trip down the shore coming up this summer, as well, and it will be helpful there, too!

thanks again!

We used to fit 2 ECV's in a room at Pop Century, so you will have no trouble with GF at all, especially if she has her own room. I don't know how GF rooms are set up, but in Dec at AKL, DH would back mine in front of the extra sink and it was out of the way there and there was an outlet right there.

Suzanne

We stay at ASMO's in a standard room with a family of 4(two adults and two children) and have no problems parking my ECV inside the room. I usually park beside the table against the wall so that it's completely out of the way and I can back it up right out the door the next morning. Outlet is also located there making it easy to recharge my ECV at night. Hope this helps! You should have no problem with it in a Deluxe room! Have a nice trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter