Can characters sign things besides books?

EmJ

DIS Veteran
I have an idea to bring a piece of 2 1/2 or 3 inch photo matting (secured to a piece of cardboard) for the characters to sign, which I can then use to frame a photo of my son at Disneyland for his bedroom. Would the characters sign this, or no? I’m mostly thinking of the character meet and greets at Goofy’s Kitchen.

Won't be any problem. Character meals are even easier than meets at the park.

Reactions: EmJ
They will sign just about anything except skin and clothing you are wearing. We brought a baby blanket one year with fabric sharpies and it worked great.

Absolutely no problems with characters signing things besides autograph books. One trip, we brought one of those large letters that you buy at an arts and crafts store and had quite a few characters sign it. Got lots of compliments from CMs because it was something different. Plus it is something we could hang up on the wall and all enjoy.

I think you'll be fine with a photo matting. The only thing I've seen them have trouble signing is some odd shaped items (e.g., the large Vinylmations); it's not that they wouldn't sign it, it's just some character's hands aren't really well suited for signing small items. Anything flat shouldn't be a problem.

Years ago Mickey in Garden Grill would not sign my son’s Universal autograph book. Understandable, I guess.

We had a custom canvas pillow cover for our multi-generational trip. I put really stiff cardboard inside it (about 5x5) and would position the board under the area I wanted them to sign, and then fold the rest of the cover so that I was handing them something manageable, and easy to write on. It worked wonderfully and now it’s stuffed and in our family room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter