Can Canadians Purchase from Costco.com online?

scrappinginontario

Has anyone ever tried purchasing from Costco.com online?

I just found out they are offering a $500.00 Southwest GC with no expiry for $449.00. We fly pretty much exclusively with SW so this would be a good savings for us but I have never tried purchasing anything using my Canadian Costco card from Costco online in the US. I have used my card without problems in the store but this scenario would be new to me.

Any experiences others can share?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Yes, I created a costco dot com account and associated my Canadian Costco membership number to it.

I have been able to purchase physical items using a US credit card and shipped to a US address.

Any time I have tried to purchase an electronic gift card the transaction has initially gone through but then shortly after been canceled by Costco. I assume as part of their fraud detection systems.

Thanks so much for sharing your experience @Starwind. First challenge may be that I don't have a US credit card as I know often those are not available to those who only have a Canadian address. Hmmm....

Will keep investigating. Appreciate you sharing your experience.

I understand a “Costco cash card” (gift card) purchased in Canada works at Costco US, and like Disney gift cards does not mark up the exchange rate. E.g. buy Costco gift card in warehouse in Canada with your MC, then use it at Costco US. The only thing I don’t know is if that would work for ordering a gift card through Costco.com.

We have ordered merchandise from Costco.com before with our Canadian membership, but I’m thinking we used a US-based Visa card for payment.

I have ordered a gift card before (Nintendo) with no issue. (Was for my niece that lives in US)

Edit to add: I checked and I used my Scotiabank Passport Visa for the purchase. So Canadian Credit card. Billing Address was CDN, but for Shipping Address I used my brothers US address, although it was sent via email, so no physical product shipped.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter