Can anyone share their experience with shipping souvenirs home?

ajollyholidaywithjo

Mouseketeer
I was told that you can ship souvenirs home from WDW…I was trying to not check a bag for my upcoming trip, and my carry on is already stuffed to the brim. If I buy souvenirs, can I have them shipped? Can I buy stuff through the duration of the trip, and then have them all sent at the end? Or do I have to ship them all individually?

I have not done it recently, but others have. It seems to be fairly easy (it was in the past, it's been about 5 years since we shipped anything home). Save all the receipts for the items you have purchased and then take it all to your resort merchandise location. They should be able to box it up for you and send it to your home. Cost will depend on how much you ship, but I do remember it was reasonable. Though it could end up being more than the $30 advance checked bag fee.

Note there are some things they will not ship - popcorn buckets, bubble wands, things from third party sellers - which includes some of the World Showcase stores, several items sold on the carts. If you ask a store if they’re able to ship home and they say yes, then chances are good that the hotel gift shop will also be able to ship the items home at the end of your trip. If they say no, then you’re most likely out of luck.

We've shipped light sabers and droids, bought at different times and shipped all at once, from a resort gift shop. Everything arrived quickly and intact.

We have shipped fragile items home as soon as we bought them: ornaments, plates etc from the stores we purchased from. Other items save your receipt and ship from your resort gift shop. It may take some time to check receipts so do not wait until right before you leave.
If your airline offers two carry-ons consider a duffle bag. We brought one in our luggage, shoved dirty laundry in it for the trip home and packed souvenirs in the larger hard sided carry on. If you don't have space to pack it buy one from wdw as part of your souvenirs!

If you are staying at a hotel which has a convention center, the convention center's business office will box things up and ship them for you. They are not restricted to shipping things were were purchased in Disney-owned shops. I haven't done it since pre-COVID, but I have shipped home dirty laundry when Disney was the second part of a vacation.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/business-centers/

We were at POFQ in June, the day before we left I hauled a BIG amount of souvenirs ( and all the receipts) into the gift shop. I guess I was lucky because they shipped the bubble wand I’d purchased for DGD. It was $35 ( to Chicagoland area) and my huge box arrived 5 days after we got home. Easy peasy.

In the fall I made a large purchase at Disneyland and shipped it home. The cast member at the store told me that they price shipping based on your purchase price, so it's good for large/bukly/heavy items --- I purchased the HM weighted blanket and a large art piece and it cost $20 shipping CA to WA.

I tried this out at the beginning of the month. I took everything we bought over our trip, with receipts, to the gift shop. It was a large box and cost about $35? to ship home. We were on an airline that charges for anything more than a backpack so we had very limited luggage space.

I received the box in about a week. I shipped around 10 items and 2 were broken. One was a Saratoga Spring ornament and the other was the Wilderness Lodge frame. I was told they were now out of stock and received an e-gift card for the amount of the two items. Kind of bummed and will probably just pay for an extra carry on next time. Really wanted the WL frame.

Ended up buying a Vera Bradley Disney weekender to get all my souverniers home a couple trips ago when I ran out of luggage space. Use it every trip!

We shipped all our lightsabers and a rather delicate statue from LA to NC.

They areived packed perfectly and in great shape.!

They do a good job, for a fair price…..

The price on the items themselves….well thats another matter.

If you don’t get a response, you may want to check out the Canadian Trip Planning and Community Forum on the Dis.

Jumping on to ask -- the "tracking" number on the yellow receipt they give is a little short. Anyone know how to check tracking, or if there's a different number on the attached receipt we should use?

Thanks!

Jumping on to ask -- the "tracking" number on the yellow receipt they give is a little short. Anyone know how to check tracking, or if there's a different number on the attached receipt we should use?

Thanks!
If you go to UPS tracking, try clicking "track by reference number" and enter the short number there. I believe that's what I did with our most recent shipments and it worked.

Anyone know about shipping internationally? (Canada specifically... )
TIA!
We inquired about shipping my son's droid home to Canada from Disneyland and the price quoted was pretty expensive (I don't remember the exact price but probably double what people are quoting here), so we opted to just make room in our luggage for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter