Can Aaa Really Save You Money????

WDW Alphabet said:
:jumping1: THANKS FOR THE HELP? :hug:

We booked our Honeymoon through AAA and saved $400 from the quote we got online with Disney Travel. $400 may not sound like much but anything extra you can save on the package can go towards things on the trip :goodvibes

hope that helps

We saved $356 on our package through AAA. Plus we use it for other hotel discounts throughout the year. Very worth it.

Considering that a AAA membership only costs you $40-$70 that first year (depending on your region), I would say that YES, it does indeed save you money. A AAA membership would get you a 20 percent discount off values and moderates during value season, and at least a 10 percent discount off deluxe resorts' rack rates during regular season. Plus, you can get a AAA discount on many other things. I just had the lenses replaced in my glasses and used my AAA card to get a 30 percent discount at Lenscrafters. Not too shabby ...

Linda

With AAA, I was able to get a room at Fairfield Marriott Village for $50/night when rack rate is $109. This isn't the standard AAA discount, but is one of their "exclusive deals". AAA has an agreement with ACS American Tours, Inc. They are a touring company that buys blocks of rooms for their tours. If they end up having too many rooms, they sell them off through AAA. And at the Disney resorts, you save 10-15% off rack rate. So it's not as good as AP and FL discounts, but it still saved us $23/night at POR for 4 nights. So yeah, it saved us money and was well worth the $50 membership.

I joined AAA just for the hotel discount. Total savings off of our room-only reservation is $251.00. Even if you deduct the $70.00 I had to pay for the membership, it is still a savings of $181.00 off of the rack rate. :flower:

I think you can save with packages, but I called AAA about just nightly rate discounts and also about a Disney Cruise and they didn't have any discounts on room rates and the price they quoted me on the cruise was higher than the price Disney quoted me on the cruise!! :hyper2:

From what I've been told, you should called Disney directly and ask for the AAA rate. You may find that is the better deal.

I called my local AAA office the other day and the rate they quoted was ridiculous. When I mentioned it here, I was told by a number of people to just call Disney Travel and ask for the AAA rate. You will have to show your AAA card when you check in, but should be able to find out the rates without your number.

You need to call another AAA office. My local office knew squat about WDW. I finally had a fantastic gal in south carolina helping me who knew exactly what she was doing and got me all the discounts. Excellent service.

Good Luck!

Honestly, the only reason I booked through a AAA travel agent was so I could get the room discount, tickets + the dining plan. I tried booking on my own through Disney and was told I couldn't get dining + tickets + discount.

If you contact a AAA travel agent who quotes you a rate similar to or higher than what you can book online yourself - and they say that's with the discount, politely ask them to check again. Disney's computers have not been showing the correct discount, and unfortunately some AAA agents are not double checking. You can always call a different AAA travel agency, even in a different state (I did!).

Of course, AAA discounts are subject to availability.

Yes they can. For my Jan 1-10 WDW vacation at the Polynesian, the rate for a gardenview room should be $338.96, but with the 15% discount, it will be $288.11 a night saving me $457.65.

This of course could change, it AP rates come out for this time.

I going to try calling a different office and ask Disney about the AAA rates, Thanks. :flower3:

Yeh! I just booked with AAA and saved $515 on a concierge room a the YC for our 7 night August trip. Of coure, I'm spending a lot to save a lot. This may actually work out better than buying an AP and getting that discount rate. Now, I'm considering buying 10 day MYW Plus Passes with a no expiration option.

Can I sign up for AAA online right before the trip? Or, do I need to sign up ahead of time in order for a card to be mailed to me?

WendyinNC said:
Yeh! I just booked with AAA and saved $515 on a concierge room a the YC for our 7 night August trip. Of coure, I'm spending a lot to save a lot. This may actually work out better than buying an AP and getting that discount rate. Now, I'm considering buying 10 day MYW Plus Passes with a no expiration option.

Can I sign up for AAA online right before the trip? Or, do I need to sign up ahead of time in order for a card to be mailed to me?

Some people have been asked for their AAA number when booking, but you will need to show your card at check-in. I would make sure you join AAA soon (at least by June or July) so you have the card in time. It's a good investment for the auto club benefits and can be used for discounts at other hotels, restaurants, and stores throughout the US.

From what I've been reading, Disney is getting more strict about asking to see AAA cards and APs to prove you're eligible for the discounts. I would not want to risk not having the card and paying rack rate.

Hope you have a great vacation! pirate:

So, If you sign up online you can't just print a temporary card? I already have towing coverage on my car insurance and I don't drive very much anyway (which is why I love going to WDW). I'm really only getting AAA to save on the hotel.

MagicKingdom05 said:
Yes they can. For my Jan 1-10 WDW vacation at the Polynesian, the rate for a gardenview room should be $338.96, but with the 15% discount, it will be $288.11 a night saving me $457.65.

This of course could change, it AP rates come out for this time.

Jason: You already booked through AAA and got this lower rate? Who did you call - AAA or WDW Travel? I'm looking at the same time frame and the AAA quote that I received was ridiculously high and the AAA rep insisted that it wouldn't go any lower...yet the other rep had said that the AAA discounted rates for 2006 won't even be out until the summer.

I'm booked for a std. AKL room (11/29-12/6) at $169 per nt. - $30 less than rack rates (a total savings of $210 - def. worth the $50 fee). Of course, if AP rates come out, I'ts probably worth getting one for savings & DDE.

By the way, I booked this thru WDW, not AAA. The package AAA quoted me was outragously high & then I decided I didn't want dining plan, just room only.

Question - any restaurants in the parks offer AAA discount? Thanks.

WendyinNC said:
So, If you sign up online you can't just print a temporary card? I already have towing coverage on my car insurance and I don't drive very much anyway (which is why I love going to WDW). I'm really only getting AAA to save on the hotel.

I *think* I remember someone saying they received a temporary card at a AAA travel agency, but I'm not sure. However, I did buy a membership for my sister and her DH as a gift and it did not give me the option of a temporary card to print. Of course, various AAA agencies might be different. I would think that if you buy your membership online at least a month prior, you would receive the actual card in a week or so.

AAA is also great if you lock your keys inside your car, or if you need help changing a flat tire. You can also use the benefits if you're riding in someone else's car.

Anyway - hope you have a great time!

My apologies if this has been asked and answered but does anyone know if there is any AAA discount with the MYW packages? We have been thinking about doing a package next so we can try the dining option. And do you call CRO to get any offered discount or do you have to go through AAA directly? Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter