Can a family of 5 fit at AKL

3tink3

Earning My Ears
Just wondering if a family of 2 Adults and 3 children can fit at a standard room at the AKL. We want to stay but not sure if we are allowed 5 people.

thanks.

wdwforme@cox.net

We stayed in a standard at the AKL and I believe it is listed as 4 per room. 2 queen beds, but there's the option of 1 queen bed and a bunk bed. I guess it depends how young your youngest is.

I know 5 can fit in some rooms (the deluxe rooms, I think). We had it booked at one point and we have 5 in our family, but we ended up switching to a split of POR and Beach Club..

Jess

How old is your youngest? If under two, then yes, but they'll be expected to sleep in a Pack-N-Play, there will be no "bed" for them. If over two, then no, you'll have to get a deluxe room which do sleep five.

Anne

Hello fellow family of five!
Here's the breakdown. If you have a young-un that can sleep in a port-a-crib- then all the resorts can accomodate you. Our children are 8, 5, & 4 and the 4 year old has no desire to sleep in that small uncomfortable playpen. So here are the options from least expensive to most....
Port Orleans Riverside (they have a pull out trundle that can sleep up to a 9 year old + two queen/double beds)
All the Deluxe Resorts Standard rooms excluding WL & AKL
They have a daybed that can sleep a child in most standard rooms.
The more expensive option would be the Deluxe rooms at AKL & WL or the Home Away From Home resorts with kitchenette style or it might work out cheaper to get adjoining rooms at one of the value priced resorts. I don't like rooms whose front door opens directly to the outdoors- can't quite pin my finger on it- and since we have five in our family we're limited to the deluxe resorts. HTH-
Tara

Officially, occupancy is limited to 4 persons plus a child under 3 in a crib. Unoffically, Disney often allows you to squeeze one more into a room. The problem is there only two queens or a queen and bunks and the room does not have a lot of additional floor room for someone to fit in a sleeping bag except when there are bunks.

Originally posted by drusba
Unoffically, Disney often allows you to squeeze one more into a room.

I've never heard of Disney ALLOWING that. I've heard of people lying when they make reservations and leaving the extra people off.

Our family of 5 stayed at AKL when the youngest was 11, and I don't think we had a deluxe room, I remember it was a pretty good deal. We had 1 queen bed, 1 set of bunks and 1 daybed, a little smaller than a twin, but fine for my 11 year old.

We have stayed at the AKL when we were still a family of four and the kids were 3 & 1. It was a savannah view, but honestly even with the four of us it was pretty tight. I would think you would be more comfortable with a deluxe or 2 connecting.

Originally posted by AJKMOM
Our family of 5 stayed at AKL when the youngest was 11, and I don't think we had a deluxe room, I remember it was a pretty good deal. We had 1 queen bed, 1 set of bunks and 1 daybed, a little smaller than a twin, but fine for my 11 year old.

I believe that does describe a deluxe room. "Deluxe" is a relative term here. They aren't much bigger than the standard rooms at AKL. In fact they are comparable in size and price to the ordinary rooms at other deluxe resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter