Can A&E be done with RD?

Mom2J&J

Mouseketeer
I know it would be best for me to try to get a FP+ for Anna & Elsa and go later in the afternoon, but here's my dilemma.

My family consists of Boys: 41, 14, 10 and Girls: 41, 7.

The boys want to ride Space Mountain. The girls want to meet Anna & Elsa. Is it possible, IF we're there at 8:15 for the rope drop, for the girls to do A&E from 9-9:20 when the boys are doing Space Mountain an not wasting a FP+?

MCB

That's what we are planning to do at the end of this month. Fingers crossed!

Absolutely...but you better have your track shoes on cause the crowd hearing to A&E is quick...no slowpokes allowed !!! The boys will probably get in 2 rides b 4 you get finished with A&E cause in the early morning most people are heading either to A&E or 7DMT. But don't dally around Main St cause it takes no time at all for the A&E wait times to go from 5 minutes to 90 minutes.

If you Rope Drop and get in position at one of the entrance tunnels to be at the front of the pack, you should be able to do it.

Don't the CM's walk everyone back to the big attractions now?

Absolutely...but you better have your track shoes on cause the crowd hearing to A&E is quick...no slowpokes allowed !!!
Also, keep in mind that there is rope drop, and there is ROPE DROP!! Technically, everyone who has gathered at the entrance before the park opens is there at rope drop. But there is a HUGE difference between being the family with your bellies pushed up against the turnstiles when they let the first people in the park and the families who are 50 people deep in the line. the people who are the latter will see their rope drop advantage at A&E (and TSMM over at DHS) evaporate almost immediately. If you are going to rope drop A&E instead of using a FP, you have to commit to the process and arrive extra early or else you will have undertaken all that effort to get to the park "early" only to find that the line has climbed to 70 minutes by the time you join it.

Honestly, the waits for A&E aren't what they used to be. I've seen 10 minutes in the evening.

I think it's doable, depending on when you're going. We also saw some low wait times recently. We walked by at around 9:30 last Sunday Jan 31st and I saw 30 minutes. I didn't think that was so terrible. A little while later, it was up to 40min, then 60min. Park opened at 9:00. The evening before, Saturday Jan 30th, wait was 35 min when we entered for our FP+ at 8:30pm. This was a huge change over the 90 min waits we saw last April.

OP: When are you going? A&E aren't going to be in the MK much longer. By late April or May, they will probably be relocated to Norway so the rope drop mad dash at the MK and the need to split into Space Mountain vs. Non-Space Mountain camps may not be an issue.

OP: When are you going? A&E aren't going to be in the MK much longer. By late April or May, they will probably be relocated to Norway so the rope drop mad dash at the MK and the need to split into Space Mountain vs. Non-Space Mountain camps may not be an issue.

Oh wow! Really? Is there a place I could get information on that? That could drastically change our game plan. Our trip is May 30-June 4th. Thanks for the huge heads up!

took my daughters on the 31st mid afternoon and standby times were about 30 mins. Cinderella and rapunzel next door actually had a longer wait.

It was my understanding that A&E were still going to be in MK, as well as in Epcot, just as Mickey is in various parks? Am I wrong?

I think it's doable! Hopefully, you will be at the very front of the rope drop pack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter