Can a Chocolate Fountain...

Tink33

Disneyland Parade High Kicker
be turned into a lava spewing Volcano? :scratchin

My DD's luau party is this weekend and my Mom suggested using white chocolate in the chocolate fountain and adding red food coloring to look like lava.

So I have some questions for the creative people on this board.

What type of coloring product should I use? I want a deep red.

I was thinking about a paper mache outer shell with holes for dipping into the volcano. Do you think this would work? Any better ideas?

Thanks for your help.

Instead of food coloring I would use red candy melts. You'll get a much better color. I think with food coloring you'd get pink lava instead of red. Just a thought...

If you try to color white chocolate please be aware that you can not use regular food coloring. Regulare food coloring is water based and will cause melted chocolate to seize (turn into a gloppy semi-solid mess). Wilton makes oil based food colorings that are meant for candy making. I think you can get them at a craft store.

Lisa

I had a white chocolate fountain at my wedding that was dyed pink, not that that was much help to you, but I know you can dye it somehow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter