Can a 2yo go on Goofy's Barnstormer?

mickeyfanz

Mouseketeer
I think my DS meets the height requirement for Goofy's Barnstormer but I can't remember if there is an age requirement. I am certainly not going to force him on a roller coaster but if he wants to ride it, do you think a 2yo is old enough to ride it?

I don't think a 2 year old is old enough for Goofy's barnstormer. There is a height requirement. I think it is 40 or 42 inches.

My very tall then-23mo rode Barnstormer in September. She LOVED it! She looked a little overwhelmed as the ride was going on, but as soon as it was over she squealed, "I ride that AGAIN!"

As I recall the height requirement was 35".

The height requirement is 35 inches..... If your two year old is tall enough, they will love it!

Don't they also have to be three to ride barnstormer?? That is what the "official guide" says.

Originally posted by WDW2002
Don't they also have to be three to ride barnstormer?? That is what the "official guide" says.

Really??? I didnt know that! Wow. My DD has broken her first Disney rule :( Lucky for her she turns 3 this Friday and we return to WDW the following Thursday.

I never thought to look for an age requirement..... :rolleyes:

All I can say is I asked the CM when we got there, and she said it was fine for my 23mo to ride. There are no signs at the ride listing an age requirement. If there is one, apparently they don't advertise or enforce it. :-)

You might want to try your child on some less "thrilling" rides first and see how he does. I wouldn't let that be his first ride.

Well, if there is not an age requirement posted on the ride, then I would think as long as a child was tall enough, it would be okay to ride. Maybe the guide is putting a "suggested age" for the ride instead of a mandatory one.

I would never try to sneak my child on a ride due to height constraints due to safety reasons (restraint system may not work properly on a smaller person, etc.) but if my child is tall enough and brave enough to ride it and I can ride it with him, I think it should be okay. We'll see what he thinks of it in a week and a half!

We have been watching the Disneyland Fun video to prepare and they show Big Thunder Mtn RR and my son says, "I ride fast choo-choo!". I told him he was too small and he cried but got over it when I told him he could ride the slow choo-choo around the park. I was hoping maybe the Barnstormer will let him feel like he is riding something similar to Big Thunder.

If your son is tall enough then take him on he will love it as long as he has you there for a little T.L.C when he get 's scared. Just tell him that the ride is a little scary but your going to be right there to hold him if he feels scared.This seems to help the kids to trust you then they will be more willing to try bigger rides with less fear .P.S make sure that you tell him what a big Boy he is, this makes them whant to take on more rides like the big kids

Originally posted by mickeyfanz
Maybe the guide is putting a "suggested age" for the ride instead of a mandatory one.

I just checked the WDW site and it only lists a hieght requirement of 35 in. I am wondering if they have recently added this height requirement because I have never seen one for this ride before (at least at the DL conterpart) just the age requirement. I know the Matterhorn at Disneyland just recently added a hieght requirement after years of only have an age (3 years or older) requirement.

So if you little one is tall enough, then go for it. And have fun.

Until about 2 years ago the restriction was age 3+ at the barnstormer which was impossible to enforce so they changed it to 35". A much more "measurable" way to insure safety of the little ones. They will measure every child who looks questionable.
Enjoy
TJ

It is 35 " requirement. He was 36 in. at the time. He was just OKAY with it...the ride goes so quick he didn't really have time to get that scared but I wouldn't put him on it again. At the end he looked at me and said "All done, Mama.. All done"

Naomi

I was there yesterday and read the sign in front of the Barnstormer, it stated 35 inches and didn't mention age limit. I recall reading 3 years age limit in a book, but it's not on the sign. My dd (8) and dh went on it yesterday. I wanted to bring ds (2 years and 4 months) on it, but I measured him at home and he's 34 inches. I knew the height restr. was 35 inches when I measured him at home before the trip. NEXT TIME! LOL!

I don't remember exactly when it changed, but it was at least a year or two ago. A MK CM had posted on the DIS boards that it used to be age 3, but that was too difficult to enforce (plus some 3 year olds were really tiny and some 2 year olds were really big), so they changed it to height only.

I know that 2 yrs ago the age requirement was 3 because my 2 1/2 DD could not ride.

My 2 year old LOVED this ride. She would laugh and say "Wheee" until it stopped, then she would cry "I go again." I am sure others must have thought I was the meanest mom seeing her crying as we got back in line. As soon as she realized we were going again she was happy. We must have gone 4 times. At that point I bribed her with ice cream just to get her out of the area! :D

My two year old LOVED it last August!!!! The CM had a measuring stick that she held next to him and he just made the height requirement. The BEST part was that toon town had just opened and there was no line. We sat in the front car and I just put my arm around him. He laughed and yelled WHEEEEE!!!! through the entire ride. When it was over he yelled "do it again, mom. Do it again." Well, there was still no line so the CM said "do you want to go again?" YES we did !! We did it three times and could've done four but DH is a HUGE worrier and I could see how nervous he was so we stopped riding. It was definately the highlight of the day!!!!

My ds (3 in June) was tall enough and rode the barnstormer in April. He loved it. On the other hand my ds1 was 5yo last April and was afraid to ride Splash Mountain and had to be talked into the barnstormer. Look at the child Height and Fear Factor and make a decision.

My (then) 2yo DS rode barnstormer last year and liked it, though he wasn't interested in riding it a second time. I'd say the height requirement makes sense, and that it's up to the parent to decide if the child is old enough to try it.

Ashley

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter