Can 17 year olds check in at DL hotel?

Marilynbn

I LOVE DISNEY! DIS member since 1999
My niece is planning a graduation trip to DL with her 2 friends. Can 3, 17 year olds check in on their own or does there have to be someone in the party that is 18? Thanks.... Marilyn

most of the time there has to be someone over 18 but I am not sure. I would think they can because at hotels when schools go on trips there is not always someone over 18 in a room. so I would just call ahead to make sure :)

I'm (pretty) sure you have to be 18. The place I used to work at you had to be 18 b/c our invoices were "legal" contracts.STATE LAW.Heck some (most) car rentals say"YOU WILL" be 25 to rent a car. You would'nt believe how many parents got upset at 'us' b/c their kid was'nt old enough to rent a lawnmower. It' all about liability.

flipturngirl said:
most of the time there has to be someone over 18 but I am not sure. I would think they can because at hotels when schools go on trips there is not always someone over 18 in a room. so I would just call ahead to make sure :)

I'm thinking of doing a similar thing with my buddies come May/June. We'd be a mixed bag of 17's and 18's.

When you say there has to be somone over 18, does that count?

When schools take trips the kids are not signing themselves in. There are adults with them, and the contract is with the school.

Pirate-Emery said:
I'm thinking of doing a similar thing with my buddies come May/June. We'd be a mixed bag of 17's and 18's.

When you say there has to be somone over 18, does that count?

You can 'say' he/she is 18,but the thing is, will this person be willing to take "TOTAL" responibilty for the actions of his/her party??? Damages,bodily AND monitarily?? :confused3

I would say no. You have to be 18 to make the reservation, and the person who's name is on the reservation must be there at check in.

Remember, whoever checks in has to provide ID with the name on the reservation and a credit card to match.
I have to agree with darph_nader having sole fiscal responsiblity for a group of 17 yr olds, may not be the wisest choice, even if they are your friends. This may end up being a lesson learned the hard way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter