Can’t use all my points?

BecuzImaLady

Mouseketeer
Please forgive me if the answer is common knowledge or has been discussed on this board before. I have a 110 point contract with Sept use year. I had 36 points left over from 2022 making a total of 146 points total for 2023 and the DVC website says I have that many points for 2023. I was wanting to use the 36 points from 2022 and borrow 102 points from Sept 2023 to make a total of 138 points for an incoming vacation. The website will not let me use anything but borrowing the 110 points leaving me short points that I think I should have had for last years points . I am positive I have no idea how to use the points and would like some guidance please!

If you banked your 2022 points already into the 2023 UY, then you can't get them back for a trip starting prior to September 1st, 2023.

Everything is based on the UY of the trip...not calendar year. So, if you are trying to book something between now and September 1st, 2023, its in your 2022 UY, which means you can only borrow the 110 points if you already moved those 36 points into the 2023 UY.

Shoot, that makes sense. Darn it. I should t have banked them but we were sure we couldn’t swing a trip this year but my mom offered to pay for everything if we just used our DVC points for a place to stay as a graduation gift for my 18 year old. We wanted to go August 1-6 2023

You could try to rent some points to add on to the 110 for that stay... as it is getting closer to the date you might see if anyone has "distressed" points they want to sell...

You do have the ability to buy OTU points for $22/each, up to 24.
I will have to shorten the trip down by 1 day ( I’m least happy about this) and pay $88 (I will eat this cost and not my mom because I goofed the banking of the points) for the OTU points but it is still possible to go. I opened my big fat mouth and told my 18 yr old that we could go before she started college and she is all excited to take one last trip as a full family before she goes away, so now I have to make it happen.

I will have to shorten the trip down by 1 day ( I’m least happy about this) and pay $88 (I will eat this cost and not my mom because I goofed the banking of the points) for the OTU points but it is still possible to go. I opened my big fat mouth and told my 18 yr old that we could go before she started college and she is all excited to take one last trip as a full family before she goes away, so now I have to make it happen.
In the scheme of things, a trip to Disney will make the rest fade away! What a great send off to college! We did the same thing when my oldest went off years ago!!! Have a wonderful time!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter