Can’t modify resort online have to call

I'm having the same issue...it seems like I can do it on the app though, the option to cancel is there but not on the website which says I have to call.

I'm having the same issue...it seems like I can do it on the app though, the option to cancel is there but not on the website which says I have to call.
I see the cancel button my app but it gets an error if I click on it so it’s not actually something I can use.

Chiming in that as others said, the cancel in the app option does not work. I rebooked online and called to cancel my original reservation. They answered in under 5 minutes. Interestingly, she said I would get an email confirmation of the cancellation. In the many, many times I have cancelled a resort reservation, I have never received a confirmation. It will be interesting to see if one comes!

Last edited by a moderator:

I wanted to change from a Deluxe Studio to a Tower Studio this morning (I'd booked the Deluxe Studio yesterday to grab something on property the night before my cruise - inventory was up and down across the board - and of course it had the "Please call to change or modify"). I got on the phone right at 7 and got right through (after all the automated stuff, of course) and got it done. Yes, I'm already up at that time to leave for work shortly, but honestly if it's a matter of getting up "early" to call at 7 or being on hold later, my butt is getting up "early".

I don't have an answer but it is something that has happened (the option to change online coming and going) for years. It will be there one day, not for a few days, then back again. I'm sure it will return. Eventually

Chiming in that as others said, the cancel in the app option does not work. I rebooked online and called to cancel my original reservation. They answered in under 5 minutes. Interestingly, she said I would get an email confirmation of the cancellation. In the many, many times I have cancelled a resort reservation, I have never received a confirmation. It will be interesting to see if one comes!
I didn’t think you could book two rooms at same time at once?

I didn’t think you could book two rooms at same time at once?
I have had overlapping reservations with the same lead guest (me) for weeks and sometimes even months without issues. Sometimes I can't decide which resort I want or I am waiting to see if I can secure other nights under an AP rate. Phone CMs love to claim you can't or that the system will auto cancel overlapping reservations, but I think that's FUD so you don't take too many rooms out of inventory. As long as you cancel the unnecessary reservations 5+ days before check-in you should be fine.

If you see something you want and can't modify online you're better off booking the new reservation and then calling to cancel the other.

You can't book 2 rooms at the same time
You can have 2 reservations at the same time.
You just have to book them at separate times, as in checking out twice.
Yep, I've had two reservations booked for months, and I keep changing both of them! I'll settle down to one prior to our 60 day mark, just because I don't trust Disney tech not to end up with something screwy.

Good grief, now I have a dining reservation that says call to modify/cancel. Nothing special - just San Angel for later this month and it is the only one that says that.

Eta: never mind, after 4 tries the app let me cancel

Last edited by a moderator:
Same issue here. Buttons missing. Thanks for posting and adding to this thread. I thought it was me. I was trying multiple browsers on a laptop and phones.

Ps. We have booked and canceled various rooms over the past year and the cancel button has honestly been partially broken for some time even when it was there, at least for me. When I would click the cancel button, the screen would pop up with Woody in front but the page would never finish loading. Reloading the page would sometimes work but often it would not. Different browsers would have the same issue but I felt like Chrome would finally work after multiple CTRL-Shift-R attempts.

Last edited:
Same issue here. Buttons missing. Thanks for posting and adding to this thread. I thought it was me. I was trying multiple browsers on a laptop and phones.

Ps. We have booked and canceled various rooms over the past year and the cancel button has honestly been partially broken for some time even when it was there, at least for me. When I would click the cancel button, the screen would pop up with Woody in front but the page would never finish loading. Reloading the page would sometimes work but often it would not. Different browsers would have the same issue but I felt like Chrome would finally work after multiple CTRL-Shift-R attempts.
Would be nice they just removed it temporarily to fix the button. I haven’t tried to cancel any of my up coming trips so I didn’t know that was glitching. The modify button was working great though it’s annoying that’s gone. I saw a room I was tempted to switch to but it was in the middle of the night and would have had to book it and call in the morning to cancel my other room so I just didn’t bother. Was more expensive too they lost out lol

I was just coming here to see if the Change/Modify button was missing for
other folks. I constantly tinker with my resort stays -- adding days, dropping days,
upgrading room types, etc. What if I see a good CL price? Am I supposed to call
on the phone?? And wait on hold? Is this the middle ages?
You can always book the new room and cancel the existing one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter