Can’t figure out H.S. days

Lalalyn

Mouseketeer
We are going to spend two weekdays at H.S. the first week of February. Both days we want to ride both SDD and TSMM. (Will also get FP for RnR and ToT, see Disney Jr., Frozen show and ride Star Tours as many times as we can — girls cannot get enough).

One day our girls want to do Jedi Training.

And one day we will do a PPO at H&V but probably won’t be done eating til 9:15ish (based on past experience).

And although we show up early (45 mins before rope drop), we are usually exiting the park between 2-3 and not coming back. (Evenings are spent swimming, relaxing etc)

How would you tackle both rides on both days assuming I can get FP for Slinky? Should we do H&V and Jedi signups on the EMM day — that way on non EMM day we can rope drop? And then just suck it up and wait for TSMM first thing after the PPO at H&V on the EMM day?

TSMM has virtually no wait for the first 30 minutes or so after RD on EMH. If you have a FP for SDD then you should have no issue with TSMM. You could easily go to Jedi training at RD, sign up then walk over to TSMM then get in your FP line for SDD all on one day.

TSMM has virtually no wait for the first 30 minutes or so after RD on EMH. If you have a FP for SDD then you should have no issue with TSMM. You could easily go to Jedi training at RD, sign up then walk over to TSMM then get in your FP line for SDD all on one day.

I think OP was asking about EMM, which is a bit different from EMH. EMH you're the first in the park at RD; EMM people have been in the park for an hour before you can RD. When I was there last month, I had a FP for SDD and planned to go to TSMM at RD on an EMM. While the line for SDD was 90 minutes, the line for TSMM was at 80 minutes by the time I got there! They were only running one side. I didn't find out if that was because they hadn't gotten the ride up to full capacity yet after running only one side for EMM or if there were technical troubles, but the CM didn't know when the second side would open up.

My experience is that it is not necessary to RD Jedi Training. With two groups (one to fight Darth Vader and one to fight Kylo Ren), it can accommodate a lot of kids. We actually signed up after 2pm one Saturday afternoon and still got same-day spots. If I were there at RD, I wouldn't waste time signing up for JTA, as there will definitely be spots left after the first hour or so.

How would you tackle both rides on both days assuming I can get FP for Slinky? Should we do H&V and Jedi signups on the EMM day — that way on non EMM day we can rope drop? And then just suck it up and wait for TSMM first thing after the PPO at H&V on the EMM day?

Assuming FP for SDD, I'd definitely hit TSMM at RD on the non-EMM day. If this day comes first in your weekly schedule, do TSMM and then walk over to sign up for JTA. If you get a good spot for JTA, you can do it on this day, and then you're free to make a bee line for TSMM after breakfast on the EMM day.

If your EMM comes first in the weekly schedule, sign up for JTA after you finish your meal at H&V, and then look to see what the wait is at TSMM. You may want to suck it up and do the standby, if the wait is reasonable. If not, I'd skip the standby line, and try to get it as a 4th FP. Since you leave the park fairly early, it would be a good idea to make your first 3 FP at early times. After your last one, start searching for TSMM. I never did get a same-day SDD FP to pop up for me, but I got AS2 and TSMM several times. TSMM was the last ride we rode at Disney this trip - we skipped the 80-minute line in the morning and got it as an afternoon FP (had to leave the park by 4 to get back to the hotel and then to the airport).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter