Can’t decide- Grand Floridian or Boardwalk

For those ages and for your husbands food choices Beach Club would be a much better choice than Boardwalk. And then you have a nice split stay since one hotel is by Epcot /HS and then you will be right at MK when you stay at BLT

Just returned from a split stay GFV and BWV so experienced the construction at both. I went prepared and I thought it was very well managed. I had a lovely time at both and wouldn’t hesitate to return to either one. I was really pleased that the lobby at GF was as completely open and as beautiful as ever. I’m set to return in December and looking forward to the Gingerbread house and all the Christmas decor. Of course, you can’t beat BW for access to Epcot and HS so always a favorite.

Thank you everyone. I love reading everyone’s opinions. I keep going back and forth. I even asked the kids. Of course, DS8 picks Boardwalk while DD6 picks GF. If it makes a difference we would be in a one bedroom in boardwalk villas and a resort studio at VGF.

As much as I love GF, I am leaning towards BW. I think the kids will love the slide and pool area, Boardwalk activities and community hall. They also haven’t been on the skyliner so we could hop on and go to one of the big arcades at Pop or Art of Animation. Im not sure on which parks we our doing yet. We are probably only doing 1 day at Epcot and one day at Mk since we are doing some off site stuff this trip.

We will be back to WDW for Nov. 2024 so maybe I’ll save VGF for the Christmas season. Since we will be at BLT I will make sure to hop on the monorail to have some chicken and waffles at GFC.

We have stayed at both YC and BC in recent years and with the kids not being super strong swimmers SAB isn’t the best place for us right now. I think we will revisit staying there once they get a little older.

How funny! I was in a resort studio at GFV and a 1 bedroom at BWV!

I would agree that from what you describe the BWV sounds like a better fit for this trip…. not that you want to do laundry or cook but having the convenience in your villa is definitely nice. I actually prefer the pool there and I really love, love, love the Skyliner!

Enjoy!

We loved Boardwalk! DW and I had such a great time having coffee each morning on the balcony seeing the boardwalk wake up, and an adult beverage each evening just watching everything going on below. The long hallways don’t bother us at all, although I can see how it may be irritating to some, especially if staying in a room at the end.

BWV is my home resott, and we love the location. The deli on the boardwalk is an option. Big Rive Grill makes a decent burger. We have also walked over to BC/YC for meals As well as the Swan and Dolphin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter