Camping ??????

djjsb

Earning My Ears
OK, we love WDW and we love camping. I can't get my husband to tow the pop-up all the way to Florida from upstate NY. The cabins are too expensive when I figure in the golf cart (we can only go during peak season due to my job at the school). This time we got a DVC rental at VWL. I'd love to camp someday though. Rentals?? Tents?? Suggetions??!?!?! I don't know about tenting it in FL due to animals and weather so I'd love LOTS OF INPUT>...

I tent there all the time. I say throw the tent in the back of your vehicle and go for it. I always have food either sitting on the table or in the tent and have never gotten broken into either by a human or an animal.

We have tent camped several times at FW before we got our popup. As long as you are not coming down in the heat of the summer you should have no problems camping in a tent.

We used to two our pop-up from Mass every year. It wasn't a bad ride at all. We just bought an RV and drove it down during the holidays - that was awesome!!

Tent Camp...you'll love it. MY family and I camped in Feb of 2001 and endured rain and 30 degree temps at night with no problems. The only animal that came near us was a squirrel with an orange bigger than half of his body in its mouth that scamered up a tree by our "driveway" , dropped the orange, and scampered back down to get it. If only I had a video camera, it still makes me laugh to think of it. Bugs were non existant, too.

October 2002 we hauled our 30' trailer from the Chicago area and went through TN, over to SC, then Jekyll Isle, Ga. We landed in Fort Wilderness and stayed seven nights. From there we went to Marco Island, FL for another week. Of course we then had the trip north. It was a great trip! Hauling the camper was a breeze (we have a Ford Excursion Diesel, hauls great) and I recommend the pop up from NY would be just as breezy! FW is probably the nicest camp ground we've stayed at to date. Doubt we'll find anything better! FYI, we did this with our four daughters and I'd do it again tomorrow!

We tented with the kids the first year we stayed on site and then bought a pop-up. We've driven down from SW Michigan at least 4 or 5 times and have had no problems. We absolutely LOVE camping at Ft. Wilderness ... no where in the world like it ... and would have to say that I prefer it to a hotel, especially with kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter