Camping monterrey bay area

DisneyPeanut

Mouseketeer
Anyone have a good campground recommendation? Near the beach? We will have a small trailer. Thanks in advance!

Haven't gone camping in years and years, so I only know where the places are, but not how good they are.

Marina Dunes RV Park is right on the Marina Dunes, about 100 yards from miles of beaches. Foggy. But beautiful on a nice day. Know nothing about the sites.

There's a KOA here in Moss Landing. I can see it from the window of my office, and my office is right on the beach. Foggy. Walking distance to miles of beaches. Small spaces, more appropriate for RVs; you'd have little privacy.

There's another KOA on San Andreas Rd, near La Selva Beach. As I recall, it's wooded, but across the street from the beaches. Probably less fog than the first two.

Also check out the California State Park system. I know there's a campground at Sunset Beach, which would be close to the KOA on San Andreas Rd.

BTW, Monterey CA is spelled with one 'r'. The one you've spelled is in Mexico.

HTH,
Bob

Thank you!! I'll check some of those out. Is it always foggy there or just certain times and places?
Sorry for the misspell, it was the autocorrect! :)

Fog on the coast is most pronounced during the summer - June through August. Spring (April/May) and fall (Sept/Oct) can be beautiful. In the summer, though, you may not see the sun at the beach in Marina or Moss Landing for a week at a time. It's our natural air conditioning :thumbsup2 Go a few miles inland, though, and it can be sunny and 30 degrees warmer.

Because of the lay of the coastline and the primarily north-to-south nature of the California Current, the beaches of Santa Cruz county should be much less foggy in the summer than those of Monterey County.

-Bob

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter