• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Camping Etiquette

The lady Just Beachy is speaking of is Grandma. She actually lives in Charleston but you can usually find her in the 1700 loop in the summer months. When people cut thru her site she kindly asks them if they would like to pay the other half of "our" site since you've chosen to occupy it with me. She has a certain ring to her voice that lets you know don't cut through again.

I know I'm going to catch hell about this but IMHO the 2000 loop is trash. If I ever book a partial and get put in there again I'm going to get an air horn in the can and I'm going to use it for people and kids who have no respect. When I was in there right before you came there were people parking 3 cars on some sites and the loop looked more like a hurricane city than a campground. 1500 is totally different.

If you were a teacher at some point in time, then you must have forgotten the "teacher look." I have been told that I can mow a child down with one look if I am in a particular mood. Based on what you described, that would about do it. I am still in practice. There is one child that it does not work on all the time, my son. He is too used to it. :rotfl2:

However, since you are out of practice on such things;), I prefer the triple line method, using fishline to totally throw them off. They never see it and POW! It gets them right in the kisser. :laughing:

This way, my lime green thongs and bras are not damaged in any way so that Tom and Sha may use them for any adventures they may need.:rolleyes1

Hi,,I'm Frank and I'm a grouch.
I agree with everything everyone has said and I believe it all starts with the selfish and useless humans they call "the parents".

I can't remember the last time I gave a parent a compilment about what a well behaved child they had,
,REALLY I can't remember !! It's been that long !!

Kinda makes me wonder how did the children actually live thru the infant/toddler years to become the unmanaged yard apes they are with that kind of selfish parents raising them ,:confused3

I think it has something to do with the fact that the parents weren't ever taught to fish,
what other explanation is there?

Hi,I'm Frank and I'm a grouch.
(is it noticable)

Hi,,I'm Frank and I'm a grouch.
I agree with everything everyone has said and I believe it all starts with the selfish and useless humans they call "the parents".

I can't remember the last time I gave a parent a compilment about what a well behaved child they had,
,REALLY I can't remember !! It's been that long !!

Kinda makes me wonder how did the children actually live thru the infant/toddler years to become the unmanaged yard apes they are with that kind of selfish parents raising them ,:confused3

I think it has something to do with the fact that the parents weren't ever taught to fish,
what other explanation is there?

Hi,I'm Frank and I'm a grouch.
(is it noticable)

Unmanaged yard apes??? :rotfl2:

A Mans Guide to Holiday Etiquette (non camping)

The holidays are just around the corner, and if you're like me, living in a mixed marriage (I'm a redneck. She ain't), getting to January two is some seriously delicate work. Screwing up can be just as nasty as walking tightrope on a half-rotted hog fence, so here are a few special hints for entertaining the non-down home folk.

1. It is inappropriate to wear camo to your wife's company Christmas party. I don't care if you have to be in a tree stand come the next morning at the crack of dawn looking for Super Buck. You can't do it. It's definitely frowned upon. Also faux pas is driving to the event in your truck if you've not hosed the back out from the last carcas transport.

2. Recycled Cool Whip containers shouldn't get used for serving raw veggies or to let guests take a little dessert home. Keep 'em under the sink, fellas. She wants her celery and carrots set up on a plate, preferably China or glass, not Chinette.

3. Spring for new cutlery; don't use the ones Aunt Margaret washed after the barbecue you had that summer. Someone might recognize teeth marks or broken tines on plastic utensils, so if you're not using real metal ones out of the silverware drawer, be sure to buy new.

4. Don't take a beer with you caroling, Christmas service, or to the Church pageant play. Folks tend to frown on the sound of a can being opened in church. If you simply want something to keep warm with, stick some Kahlua in your mug and tell everybody it's egg nog.

5. Don't wrap presents with duct tape and newspaper; you rarely get away with that unless it's the funnies.

6. Don't take a six-pack or wine coolers to your host's house in leu of a host/hostess gift.

7. If you invite folks to have a bowl of warm chilli at your house, it's deemed apropriate to let them know if the stew contains anything other than hamburger (ground squirrel, bear, opossum, etc.) Usually you let them know before they eat it.

8. When expecting guests, it's common courtesy to move the car parts off the dining room table and stow them in the garage before they get there. No, you can't just move them to the floor.

A Mans Guide to Holiday Etiquette (non camping)

2. ....... She wants her celery and carrots set up on a plate, preferably China or glass, not Chinette.

Oh my goodness. why didn't you send this to my DH 10 days ago?!?!? I come out of the bedroom to find he'd put the hors d'ouvres (aka appetizers) out on paper plates!!!
I WAS MORTIFIED
I couldn't move that stuff from paper to glass serving dishes fast enough.

I got even with him today though ;) Did you see the newest pic on my FB page?? :lmao:

I feel your pain!

We had 2 "kid" incidents during our recent trip.

One I mentioned in my other thread - the 9 high school seniors that were running rampant until all hours for a weekend.

The other happened right before we left. The day before in fact.

4 rental RVs pulled in and were parked in sites roughly near each other, but not quite. There was at least a site or 2 of "other" people in between them. And as it turns out "Uncle Dave" was in a MH right next to us.

There were a pack of kids in each RV - all between roughly 5-12. The first night (our last as it turned out) they were out until almost midnight playing tag between all the RVs and screaming at the top of their lungs.

Luckily we weren't between any of them, but they were cutting through other people's sites and were all over the road. We came back from our last night of looping and it was a like a wall of people in the middle of the road.

They did finally quiet down, which is good because after the monsters across the street incident I had the front desk on speed dial and the phone by the bed.

We were up at 7 packing up to leave, they were starting to stir and run from one RV to another to see who was up.

By 8am the football in the street and screaming had started again.

I said a little prayer for the neighbors we were leaving behind as we pulled out.

Gotta say, temps in the 30s and the neighborhood going to pot did make it a bit easier for us to leave! ;)

This happened back in the 50s maybe early 60s. A couple moved into the site next to us and had a very small tent for the two of them. They seemed old at the time but were probably in their 203/30s. It turns out they were French and lived in Montreal.

Since there wasn't enough room in the tent, they dressed and undressed outside. My brother and I just pulled up camp chairs and watched attentively to make sure no one stole their clothes while they were undressed.

I learned a lot thet trip. I was somewhere between 13 - 16 and VERY interested in helping them in any way I could.

This happened back in the 50s maybe early 60s. A couple moved into the site next to us and had a very small tent for the two of them. They seemed old at the time but were probably in their 203/30s. It turns out they were French and lived in Montreal.

Since there wasn't enough room in the tent, they dressed and undressed outside. My brother and I just pulled up camp chairs and watched attentively to make sure no one stole their clothes while they were undressed.

I learned a lot thet trip. I was somewhere between 13 - 16 and VERY interested in helping them in any way I could.

And there you were, before they invented cell phones with cameras. Bummer.

They had "cameras". I bet he can see every single frame today play back in his head. Now, if you could just hook that up to the DVR......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter