Camping at Myrtle Beach

Fantasia Girl

Fort Wilderness is my second home :)
Hi Campers!

We are Fort Wilderness regulars, but this summer we would like to fit in a non-Disney trip, have any of you stayed at one of the ocean-front campgrounds in Myrtle beach? There are plenty of sites devoted to them, but I would like to hear from someone who has stayed at one of them.

Thanks in advance!

Christine and Jeff:D

We usually stay at Lakewood Campground in Myrtle Beach. They have a web site. It's not the same as FW, but it is on the beach and they have many sites with shade. They have an indoor and outdoor pool. Ocean Lakes is next to Lakewood and they have a great children's area outdoor pool area. They also have an indoor pool. They tend to have more sites in the hot sun. We go every Easter holiday and love it.

We also usually go to Disney but are going to try Myrtle Beach this spring. Have ressies at the KOA there and then are heading over to Darlington for the races.. Maybe we can squeeze a disney trip in this fall to. Hope so!!:cool:

Thanks for the replies, we are considering Ocean Lakes, Lakewood looks great too but due to this policy...

The following dogs will not be allowed within the resort: Pit Bulls, Rottweilers, Doberman Pinschers, Akitas, Chow Chows, German Shepherd Dogs, and Dalmatians.

We can't stay there, our dog is a Chow/Shepard mix, so he has two strikes against him.;)

Thanks,

Christine:)

Gee - I have a Dalmatian, and have never thought of her (or a Chow-Chow) as part of that group of dogs........news to me.

We don't usually bring our dog RVing with us, mostly because my mother takes care of her while we're away, but I'm really taken aback with that restriction.

Hope you have a good trip, and your dog does, too

:cool:

Thanks Songbert,

I think their list of "bad dogs" is a little harsh. But we will just go somewhere that the "whole family" can camp;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter