Campground along I-95 in Georgia for 1 night stay (camping newbie)

Patience

DIS Veteran
Hello all! We haven't even picked up our new Apex Nano yet but I just booked Fort Wilderness for a 4 night stay in February! We are excited about our new camper After 30 years of 2 weeks of vacation per year, my husband is retiring in a little over 17 months and we are looking forward to more time to relax and enjoy life!

Our youngest is out of school for winter break for a week in February so we will be arriving at FW on a Tuesday and staying until Saturday. I would like to find a nice, safe campground to stay at for one night on the way down and one night on the way back home, preferably somewhere close to I-95 in Georgia. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

While not in Georgia Camp Lake Jasper is in SC less than 10 miles from Georgia line. We have it in our preplanned route. Super nice staff, Pull thru sites are gravel but level ( We need as they are closest to Dog Park) CS and laundry are always in our experience clean. Normally we stay only the 1 night but on our next return trip we are hoping to stay 2 and explore more of the property.

Echo the votes for Coastal Georgia, Exit 29 at Brunswick. All pull-thru sites, close to 95 but quiet! Easy in - easy out.

Another thumbs up for Coastal GA. Stay their every year on the way to the Fort. Reservations recommended.

Costal mentioned additional charger per person over 2? Is that for real? If so I could never see doing that on the kid trip, we will be 4 people, but my friends site will be 6. At that point we are better driving the extra time for Jacksonville North.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter