Campfire Sing A Long

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkmorris

Earning My Ears
We will be staying offsite and I have heard that this is only open to "on Disney property" guests. Is this true?

What is the schedule for the program the week of 4/12?

They have never asked for resort ID any time we have been to this program, the movie schedule comes out for the month at the beginning of each month

Yes, the sing-a-long is only for WDW resort guests. And, no, they don't check for IDs.

HOWEVER, this is one of those items that has been addressed in various forums regarding honesty and the message we send our children. Attending without being a resort guest (or a guest of a resort guest) is wrong.

Just because you can do it, doesn't mean you should.

We pay a premium price to stay at Ft. Wilderness as well as the other WDW resorts and this is one of those perks that the added $$$ covers.

I agree with trapped parent. This is for WDW guests as they are paying for the many amenities these resorts have to offer.

However, that being said, have you considered staying at Fort Wilderness? There are some really great codes with discounts for the cabins and campsites. Go to mousesavers.com and check it out.;)

I'd have to dis-agree...none of the literature states that the
campire is for "resort guests" only...Futhermore, anyone that visits DinseyWorld IS a GUEST...
---
That's why they have "GUEST parking" @ the check in/lobby

Here is a link to Jeff's FAQ for Fort Wilderness.. page down and you will find answers to both your questions. (example of movie schedule and who is eligible to attend)

http://www.wdwig.com/faq_fw.htm

I chose to stay at Fort Wilderness due to all the great things they offer for kids/families. My understanding is that campfire is first come first serve. If people are coming in from off site, doesn't that take space away from paying resort guests? Not trying to be contrary, just my humble opinion.

So CamperStem, by your definition we can all swim at all the pools at WDW because if we are "visiting WDW" we are "Resort Guests."

Come on -- You know that the real meaning is someone that is staying at a resort/hotel as a registered guest (and has a resort ID to prove it).

nope..definately not....
I do not think that anyone should use the pools..etc
however, they specify "resort guests" only...
furthemore, you are supposed to only use the pool at the resort you are staying at...
----
Ft. Wilderness welcomes anyone to certain things, Trails End buffet, Trail ride, ponies, petting zoo...and yes, the Campfire Program. (i called the front dest to confirm today)
---
This is why they have guest parking, and let you in to the Ft. Wilderness area without staying there...
-----
btw - the mrs. and i did have drinks @ the Polynesian pool even though we weren't registered there...

CamperStem,
I appreciate what you are trying to say and am not trying to be a Fort Wilderness snob :cool: (especially when I haven't been there yet!!) But this thread piqued my interest as I put so much thought into choosing our resort due to all the amenities they have, so I called FW yesterday and posed this scenario to a CM. (specifically re: offsite visitors attending) The CM basically said there is no way for FW to verify and/ or stop someone from doing this;however, she didn't actually say it was encouraged.
Anyway, I am sure we will all have a good time, just make sure you get to the campfire program early or I might have your seat!!!:p :p ;)

I guess with the CM it's all how you phrase the question...
That being said, I just made reservations @ FW for mother's day..
so i'll be able to use to pool and go to the campfire!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter