Camera strap for DSLR recommendations

godders

DIS Veteran
Hello lovely DISers!

I'm looking for a new camera strap for my Nikon D800 that I can comfortably wear over my shoulder all day in the theme parks. My usual lens is 50-300mm so it is pretty heavy and I'm struggling to find one that looks sturdy enough.

I'm hoping to find one that I can keep on for rides like Spaceship Earth and Haunted Mansion and will safely sit behind me when I need my hands free but that can come off easily when I want to get my mountain fix.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Black rapid sport. Not only is it comfortable but it's easy to quickly lift up for a picture and put back down to carry with no movement on the strap.

With my neck strap not only did it start to hurt after wearing it all say but it would be hard to get the camera up for a quick pic without readjusting.

Search the black rapids on amazon.

Blackrapid (any of them, really, they're all slight variations on the same thing) sounds like the best match, but also anything by Op-Tech or the UP Strap, but those may not be quite what you're looking for. I'd trust a camera of any size of any of these company's products, and have an older Blackrapid RS-4 (so old they used model numbers, not names!) that shows few signs of wear, even, plus a newer Yeti for when I'm carrying two bodies.

http://www.blackrapid.com/
http://optechusa.com/
http://www.upstrap-pro.com/

I own the Op/Tech Utility Strap Sling, and it works perfectly well for that slide-up-take-pic-slide-back-down motion. Op/Tech products are quite modular and can combine parts to meet your needs. Check out their website for plenty of videos to help decide.

Definitely BlackRapid Sport! I own like 5 of them! (They sent me a few free Sport straps and no I'm not doing a paid endorsement lol)

IT also depends on how you want the strap to attach to the camera. Blackrapid attaches to the tripod mount, optech uses the eyelets

You can combine BR and Op-Tech to hang your camera from either location with either strap.

Thanks everyone. I ended up going with the Black Rapid sport but I can't say that it feels particularly secure and my camera tends to move around a lot. Anyone got any suggestions? Not sure I'm fitting it to myself right

I'm late to the party... but I love my Crumpler Industry Disgrace. Had it forever, it's on it's third body now. Distributes weight, breathes, and is versatile in how you can wear it.

Thanks everyone. I ended up going with the Black Rapid sport but I can't say that it feels particularly secure and my camera tends to move around a lot. Anyone got any suggestions? Not sure I'm fitting it to myself right

I guess what does not feel right? I used my BR extensively and used it throughout my 12 day Baltic Cruise and was very satisfied. I wear the camera basically at my waist level or just a touch below. Almost like a holster, where I can quick grab the camera and put it back in place. I have the sliders adjusted and the length adjust to fit naturally in this spot.

In more crowded areas of if I am bending over (picking up DD), then I push the camera around to my back a bit so it does not dangle like a pendulum

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter