Camera question

PHTeach

Earning My Ears
I'll be headed to WDW in 6 days, we're bringing 2 cameras (a digital and a film camera) and a laptop to download pics to. Here's the problem, the laptop doesn't have a CD burner on it. So my question would be how to get the pics from the memory card to a CD. If I remember another similar thread someone said something about going to Wal-Mart and burning it to a CD. My questions are: about how much does it costs and where is the closest Wal-Mart to WDW. Thanks a lot!

If you plan to burn the pictures to CD then you do not need the laptop, Wal*Mart can burn them from the compact flash (or whatever you use). The cost is 5.96 for the first 24 and .29 for the remainder. This is approx, as I think the Kissimmee Wal*Mart is a bit more expensive than my local one. You could give them a a call and find out exactly. However, it can get very costly.
Why not just upload to the laptop and email them home? Or, get a CD burner that is external from your laptop.
I love the Wal*Mart on RTE 192 in Kissimmee. GREAT lab there.

If you aren't flying, or are flying and have room, I second the external burner option. You can pick up an USB external CD-burner for around $70 from most major electronics chains. It's very handy to have around.

Isnt there a photo store at MGM that will burn your pics to cd?:confused:

Originally posted by Dalpal
Isnt there a photo store at MGM that will burn your pics to cd?:confused:

I really don't know, but, I do know that Disney's photo processing is outrageously priced.

I travel a lot for work and use my digital camera to photograph the city I am in. My old laptop didn't have a cd burner.

I have the card reader in my laptop, then save the images from the camera to the laptop.

When I get home from my trip I save the images back to a compact flash card and save them to my desktop computer and burn the CD there.

Long way around but it works. I made sure that my new laptop has a burner.

It takes a few steps but it doesn't cost you anything and frees up your compact flash card while you are on the trip.

Originally posted by safetymom
I travel a lot for work and use my digital camera to photograph the city I am in. My old laptop didn't have a cd burner.

I have the card reader in my laptop, then save the images from the camera to the laptop.

When I get home from my trip I save the images back to a compact flash card and save them to my desktop computer and burn the CD there.

Long way around but it works. I made sure that my new laptop has a burner.

It takes a few steps but it doesn't cost you anything and frees up your compact flash card while you are on the trip.

We do almost the same thing, but, we have the laptop on the network at home. Just plug it in and away we go!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter