Camcorders on Fast-Moving Rides

Home@WL

Mouseketeer
On the voicemail show today, a question was asked about bringing digital cameras and camcorders on rides that tend to jolt you around. I agree that most cameras and camcorders would be fine to just take on the ride, but I did have another thought. There are new types of digital camcorders available that record directly to a hard drive, without tapes or memory cards. In that case, I think that there may be moving parts involved and jostling the camcorder too much could damage the data or the device itself. This is just an assumption; does anyone know for sure? :scratchin

-Ian

Funny you should post this, I just bought a Sony HDD video camera about 3 weeks ago. We took it to Disneyland, and I recorded several "jerky" rides for my young daughters. (Tea Cups, Alice in Wonderland, Pooh) Not sure I would record on a coaster like Matterhorn or Big Thunder, but this is because I would be afraid of dropping it. According to the Manual that came with the camera, there is a feature built into the camera that is supposed to protect the hard drive in case it is dropped.

without going into a lenghty technical explanation that no one cares about... HDD cameras are find being jolted around, and though I would not test it, the HDD would survive a 4 ft drop to concrete, though the optics would not take that kinda drop.

I see. Good to know for anyone looking to take this kind of camera on those rides. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter