• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Camara for WDW

Cmeller

Earning My Ears
We are going with a couple of families to WDW and it's the first time for our nearly 3 year old DD. We aren't sure what to do camara wise. We have a DSLR camara but have no intention of carrying it around all day so that will stay home. That lives us with some older point and shoots..we have a waterproof one that is about 4.5 years old. However, having iphone 5's we are wondering if that actual takes better pictures than an older point and shoot and it would be a waste to take it along. I know the Iphone 5 takes much better video.

How fast is your 3yr old? I know I cannot take fast moving things with my iPhone4. Video yes, photos no. I have a Samsung point and shoot and a Cannon p-n-s with a sports setting and those are probably both going to come with us.

I have also purchased PP+ because I want lots of family photos.

I hear ya about not wanting to carry a heavy camera around all the time, but the reality is that if great photos are important to you, then that's the best camera to use. You could perhaps try bringing it with you sometimes, but not every time -- risking that you don't have it with you when the best photo op happens.

Your waterproof point and shoot might be your best compromise....

I personally do not find iPhone photos to be of the kind of consistent quality that I want from our WDW photos. Going with PhotoPass is a good supplementary option as well.

I do carry a heavy, top-end dslr and usually an extra lens with me every day in the parks (only exception being water parks, then I go waterproof point and shoot...). I go with a highly unfashionable fanny pack that can fit my camera when I do need to tuck it away (on rides, for example).

If you really want a lot of very specific and expert opinions, I encourage you to re-post your question on the Photography Board here (it's pretty far down on the drop-down list of options, but it's the ideal place for great photo advice).

I hear ya about not wanting to carry a heavy camera around all the time, but the reality is that if great photos are important to you, then that's the best camera to use. You could perhaps try bringing it with you sometimes, but not every time -- risking that you don't have it with you when the best photo op happens.

Your waterproof point and shoot might be your best compromise....

I personally do not find iPhone photos to be of the kind of consistent quality that I want from our WDW photos. Going with PhotoPass is a good supplementary option as well.

I do carry a heavy, top-end dslr and usually an extra lens with me every day in the parks (only exception being water parks, then I go waterproof point and shoot...). I go with a highly unfashionable fanny pack that can fit my camera when I do need to tuck it away (on rides, for example).

If you really want a lot of very specific and expert opinions, I encourage you to re-post your question on the Photography Board here (it's pretty far down on the drop-down list of options, but it's the ideal place for great photo advice).

Yep. Since you have a 3 year old, you will likely have a stroller to carry it much of the time.

I happen to love the idea of a highly unfashionable fanny pack, but that's just me. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter