• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Calling Halloween Cruisers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really really good luck Emma!!!!!
Everything will go well and the concert will be wonderfull.

I better put in my ToT now as the 11 th of August we head to the north for a week of life down east. Cant wait almost as good as Disney. We wil be giving the kids from the thread TorT and I will be dressing up. DH will not be dressing in any thing but normal every day clothes. Jan email me I found some things in the Oriental Trader Catalogue that I think would be neat.

Once more Go Emma!! You will WOW them in Venice.

Estelle

Estelle,

Lynne (njfamily) emailed me her table to keep track of the TorT stuff - we're going to start on the map in August. Do you know your stateroom? I can add it to the list and send it back to Lynne - she's swamped in July with family stuff so I don't expect to see her online much.

Thanks!

Debby

Debby and (Lynne by Proxy)
If I read the picture correctly and I am sure I did we are in cabin number 7008. Right across the hall from Tom and Jan. Not planned that way we booked separately and that happened to be the cabin my DH thought looked best from the diagram. Engineer naturally. So we booked it and then Jan emailed with their cabin. Anyway it was something like that.
We are back to hazy hot and humid and we have a special sort of smog and smell thanks to our Canadian neighbors who are having a large forest fire and sending us their smoke. Mind you the fires are north of Quebec and we're in eastern Pa.. Strange...

Estelle

Estelle we had that smokey haze yesterday here in Joppa, Maryland just an awful day. It was much cooler yesterday, thank goodness. Still no rain.

Estelle - You mentioned seeing "7 Wonders Of America" on the Discovery Channel and I'd love to see it if it is rebroadcasted. I checked the Discovery Channels website but could not find any info. The closest I could find was "World's Best Man-Made Wonders" on the Travel Channel. I'm assuming this isn't the same program. If you see it being shown again could you post the date and time on this thread? Thanks! Patty:earsgirl:

Debbie and Lynn:
"Lynne (njfamily) emailed me her table to keep track of the TorT stuff ..."

??table??

Do you want to know anything besides room number? Ours is 7009.

Jan :earsgirl: and Tom :earsboy:

After posting (above) I went to the main page for our forum and we are the second listing under the ones permanently at the top. WOW. I wonder if I add another post if we will be at the top.

Jan :earsgirl:

yup!! We are at the top--at 11:54 CDT Monday night.

Jan :earsgirl:

??table??

I mean a Word table to keep track of info. It's at home or I'd list all the headings - basically it's username, ages (if known) of people going, children (and ages), if they're participating in TorT and stuff like that. I added a column at the end for "Radisson night before"

Once we get all the info we plan on emailing to everyone who wants a copy!

I've been out of the loop for a while...did I miss something? Am I supposed to be sending you info for this table? We are definitely staying at the Radisson the nite before but i am unsure of the ToT thing.

WOW

I had no idea! How did I miss this project??

names--Jan and Tom Easterly
ages 53--Tom will turn 54 on the cruise
no children
Friends of ehtpnt
will give treats to DIS kids for T or T
May have costumes
Cabin 7009
not sure of pre-cruise plans yet
e-mail: easterly@niia.net

Yes--I'd like a copy when it is done. I have been keeping track of people as they post by writing in a notebook, but this would probably be more thorough.

What more would you like to know?

Jan :earsgirl: and Tom :earsboy:

I think that's everything. I will update what I have tonight (the file's on my home computer) and then set up a way to get it to everyone - can we use a PM for that somehow? I can post my email via a PM and have people email me?

Do we have a sailaway party or first-get-tiogether planned? I can add that at the bottom too!

Debby

Guess its time to put in my entry too.

We are Estelle and Phil ages 58 (me) 56
cabin 7008
friends of Tom and Jan
I will dress up Phil won't
Will give treats to the Dis kids
Not sure yet about the pre arrival plans
Are driving not flying
email pntaylor123@att.net

I would also like a copy when it is done. Can't think of anything else right now. Estelle

"World's Best Man-Made Wonders"
I do believe this is the name of the show & I really want to see it also, so if anyone notices that it is playing again, please let us know! Thanks!!

When we get closer to sailing, I'd love a copy of the table!!
We still don't know what time we are arriving, but it will be the day before. I keep holding off on buying tickets, hoping for a deal! I hope I don't wait too long & get stuck with expensive tickets!

Hi, all!
We told the kids last night that we can't go on our cruise, and I decided to check in and see what's been going on here the past month or so... I haven't had the heart to keep up with things since late May.
I haven't officially cancelled the cruise yet, partly because I'm still slightly in denial. I am doing fine. Still pregnant (about 12 weeks), and am getting used to the idea of a baby. Feeling better after several weeks of pretty bad nausea. Mark had a "minor cardiac event" (not a full cardiac arrest) about 10 days after we found out about the baby. He's only 42, so it's been quite the stress fest at our house. The doctor says he'll be fine, but it's like Dick Clark says, "The hits just keep coming!!"

The kids are excited about the new baby, but are incredibly bummed about not making the Halloween cruise. We all cried a little when we told them we couldn't go. We're kinda sorta considering doing the cruise over Spring Break, but I don't think we can get a good rate at this point. :(

I have one of the Mickey Halloween party-in -a -box and a pumpkin with mini bean bags of Mickey, Goofy, and Donald in costumes if anyone wants them. Shoot me an email and I'll ship them to you, free of charge.
The travel logs do have the eastern itinerary outlined in them, but they are still pretty cool. I paid $15 each on ebay for them. I'm keeping the two I have because SOMEDAY we're getting on that ship!!!

Anyway, I'm glad to see things are coming together for the cruise. I'm fiercely envious of you all!!

Andrea

ANDREA: So good to hear from you :D
Glad to hear you are feeling better :)
and that Mark is doing OK after his scare :)

Maybe you will want to keep that Disney Halloween stuff and celebrate with Disney in Detriot.

Of if you take a cruise at a different time, you can still have them as souvineers of the trip. So what if the beanies are in costumes.

Hoping today is a good one

Jan and Tom
:earsgirl: :earsboy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter