• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Calling Halloween Cruisers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey MNSSHP goers we got our tickets yesterday. YAHOO!!! We've got all of our park tickets now we just need the one to get on that BIG BOAT. :bounce:

This thread has been very quite lately. Did everyone go away.

I ordered T-or-T stuff today, I'll have something to place in my box soon. Anyone started their costumes yet?

I'm thinking of wearing the Piglet costume I made several years ago when I went to the MNSSHP. I should get it out soon because I'm thinking of trying to make some improvements on it. When we went to the MNSSHP a couple of years ago I was surprised to see not many adults wearing costumes. I felt alittle funny at first until I got compliments from kids and castmembers. Hopefully more adults will be wearing costumes this year. It's fun being dressed up.
I'm thinking of giving out something for the T or T bags that originated in my hometown of Buffalo, NY. Sponge candy. Did you think I was going to say Buffalo chicken wings? Oh by the way it's snowing here right now. I'm not kidding. I can't believe this weird weather. May 18 & snow falling??? I can't wait to cruise!!!! Patty :earsgirl:

Sponge candy,
what is in it? I should tell everyone that my DD has an allergy to PEANUTS and PEANUT BUTTER. Anyone else have any allergies that we should keep in mind when selecting goodies for the T-or-T?

Snow, did you get much?

well I'm vegetarian, if that's gonna be anything to do with sweets. I think we're joining in with the whole trick or treating thing, we had a conversation about it the other day.

Originally posted by pallamb
Oh by the way it's snowing here right now. I'm not kidding. I can't believe this weird weather. May 18 & snow falling???

We had some snow in Maine also! Thank goodness it didn't stay! :) :)

in regards to the T or Ting... I've already got my goodies!! LOL but they are not edible! I wasn't going to tell you.... but just don't tell the kiddies ;)
I got some beach balls (Halloween-themed!) from Oriental Trading Company and some other little trinkets that I'll put together in a little goodie bag. I figured I'd stay away from food just because of allergies. :)

ennazus Oriental Trading Company is where I placed my order yesterday. I didn't get the beach balls. Just a ton of other stuff, I let Ashley help me pick it out. I'll pick up the candy when we arrive in Fla. That way I won't eat it on the drive there.

Emma, if your a veggie eater only does that mean you don't eat candy?

Looking for an old tux for DH, he and I are going as a dead bride and groom couple.

Our snow didn't stay very long. Eventually the snow turned to rain but the temps are still in the 30's here.
I did a search on the internet for sponge candy to find out the ingredients. I found a recipe from a candymaker in Ohio. It is made out of sugar, dark corn syrup, baking soda and vinegar. The vinegar was a surprise because you definately can't taste that. The combination of the vinegar, baking soda and heat causes it to bubble up to make the sponge. The candymakers here in Buffalo dip the sponge in either milk chocolate, dark chocolate or orange chocolate. I have a friend that works at a candy shop so I'll ask her if their candy is made the same way. I'll also make sure it is safe for people with allergies to nuts. Here is the recipe http://www.azlegacy.com/granny/recipes/sponge.html
Patty:earsgirl:

Thank You Patty, I went to the site and read some of the other recipes, they all sound yummy.

Bump!!!!
I found us on page 3. we were about to get lost.

Hi Ginger. Once again I have not had time to read the boards :( Just catching up tonight in between loads of laundry while my kids are watching a Barney video. My DMIL came up with some good ideas for the T or T. I knew she would! We are leaving for a mini vacation to my parent’s house in PA after work on Wednesday, so I'll E-mail you when we return on Monday.

Ginger and Ennazus: I’m so impressed you already order T or T stuff. How many kids did you buy for? I hadn’t thought about what to buy yet, but I did get my DD a Cinderella custom last weekend at the Disney Store. Had a coupon that was about to expire burning a hole in my pocket. Sure hope she doesn’t change her mind between now and the cruise.

pallamb: I've never had spong candy, but anything you dip in chocolate sounds good to me! I'm sure the kids will like.

Adults love sponge candy too. (I think more than kids). I know when we buy it, it doesn't last very long in the house.
I'm going to try to bring enough for everyone in our group to try.
Patty:earsgirl:

I am not sure where I found this but thought that the rest of you might want to check out this site. At the bottom is a click-on-link for pictures and maps of some of the places we will go on our cruise. Cool !

http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/vrmaps

Jan :earsgirl:

njfamily--I ordered 24 of the beach balls. I really have no idea whether that is enough or too many.... and as far as the other trinkets... LOL There are enough that I can add a few to each bag. :)

I also ordered 2 doz. of everything. Sorry it took me so long to get back, I've been chasing Max on MyPoints.com for point to buy a Raintree gift cert. and I've been helping some of the Oct 19. cruisers with a trip to Anguilla.
Ashley and I are heading to the library to get books on our trip. My DH's brother and his girlfriend and her 2 DD's are joining us for our WDW stay before the cruise. They, the adults, have not been to the world since sometime in the early 80's. We are going to educate them on what to do while at WDW. The girlfriend is so sweet she thinks she can get up in the morning and make pancakes and eggs with bacon for everyone before we go to the parks. I'm not in to cooking while on vacation personally. I serve squeeze yogurts, bagels, and bananas and I'm throwing that at my family as we are running out the doors to be early birds at the parks.

Jan thanks for the info.

When we get on board we have to give Ginger a Standing Ovation for all her dedication to keeping this thread and all the plans in order. She is the BEST Planner...5 inch Spiders and all.

Hi, all -
I got back from WDW a couple of days ago and have been trying to catch up on work, etc...
Brief trip report:
Lines were short (no longer than 20 minutes), weather was hot and humid, PO-R was a nice clean resort but didn't knock my socks off (I stay in lots of hotels, though, so I think I have a jaded opinion- a hotel has to be pretty impressive to get me to pay attention). For those of you heading to WDW prior to the cruise, don't miss Fantasmic or rock n Roller coaster, which was a hoot. We had a total blast!

So now we're home and I can concentrate on the cruise, right? Wrong. I just found out two days ago that I'm going to be a mama again. We're more than a little freaked out. Totally stunned. Along with a million other things, it means that I will be about six months along on cruise date, which means...no cruise for me. :(

I'm so sad.

I pulled my cruise box up from the basement full of the stuff I've been collecting and planning for nearly a year now and it is depressing me. Ironically, I put all that planning into the cruise and none into a baby. I realize a baby is a great gift and a joyous occassion, blah blah blah, and I'll be all excited when the shock wears off, but right now I WANT MY CRUISE!!!

We are not cancelling the cruise yet, I just can't plan on it anymore. That means I won't be putting together an excursions list. Sorry. I'll get the info I have together for you to use, it just wont be as organized as I like (hmmm, seems nothing is!).
I'd be devasted if anything happened with the pregnancy, but realistically I'm not far along and I'm a lot older than when my son was born. We're just kind of waiting to see how things go until the end of June. We have until August to cancel anyway.

So, not exactly the report I'd thought I'd post, but there it is. I'll be lurking on the board, keeping tabs on what you all are doing til the cruise. Maybe we'll meet you on the Halloween cruise 2006...

WOW!!!!
Andrea that's great news!!!! Congratuation!
I do hope that everything goes well. I am sorry though if you don't get to go on the cruise. How would DCL know if you were past your 24th week of pregnancy? If we promise to play nicely could you get your doctor to adjust your dates????

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter