• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Calling Halloween Cruisers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep I have aol, my name is smilealot2k2 (I told you I was nuts!) I managed 2 break my glasses yesterday by walking into a door! And I wonder why people worry about me! I decided what I'm gonna wear for Halloween the other day. My mum has this amazing dress with really cool sleeves that I wore last year so I'm gonna wear it again this year. Hey its better than when I was a pumpkin! Now it's just a case of which shoes to wear with it, any excuse to go shopping!
XxEmmaxX
P.S I'll be 14 2 weeks on Friday, 4 days after all my SATs finnish.

I'll pass it on to Bryan and have him drop you a "hello". If you see some wierd IM from skatexv something or other you'll know its from him!

thanx! Dya know in 6 months we'll all have met (probably) I shouldnt say that cos knowing my luck something awful will happen. Oh no, I just cursed it! whoops. Im sure we'll all be fine, gulp.

EMMA--I am looking forward to seeing that AMAZING DRESS!! Does it warrent glass slippers?

Inquiry--what did you DSI Cruisers do about Halloween last year--about providing treats for the kids? Did each family bring something and have an arranged time when the kids went to the cabins of the other DIS board members? Even though we are not bringing kids, I do want to be prepared.
THANKS

Emma's right, in 6 months we will be on the ship and have met each other--seems so close and yet so far away.

Jan :earsgirl:

Hmm i dont know! It is amazing though. It may seem far away but you can bet it'll creep up on us really quickly. I mean Im going to venice with my choir in 69 days and it really doesnt seem all that long since it was 7 months to go and we were all falling out over rooms. Now everything is really strating to come together and we just found out we all have to be at the school for 3:30am, my mum is gonna love me!!!!! It really wont be all that long till we're all on a beautiful ship having a wonderful time and acting even more like idiots than usual!

EMMA: Are you taking a cruise ship to Venice? Where will the choir perform and how long will you be gone? Any museums on the itinerary? Do you live near London?

I live about 4 hours away from London, we're flying to venice from Stansted airport which is why we have to leave so early, not sure about museums, i know we're going to see carman. We going to be performing as part of the mass in St Marks cathedral and in a couple of other places too. None of us can wait, infact we've all started discussing what we're gonna pack. It's gonna be most of our first times away in another country without our family so its really exciting!

EMMA: Have a wonderful time. It sounds great!

Thanx! It will be great! 40 of us who r all good friends r goin and we get a week out of skewl in the sun! And singing in St Marks-WOW!!!!!! How many people can say they've done that.

Not many people can say they ever sang in St. Marks :D
Will you be bringing any photos of that trip on the Cruise? That would be good for conversations at Common Grounds and if we have time, I would like to see them.
Have a nice day,

Cool Emma!!!

JLSE50 We had our T-or-T stateroom hunt well planned right on down to treasure hunting maps. The children made out very well, treat bags of candy, toys, Disney gift certificates, $5. game cards to be use at the ships arcade, glow necklaces and much more. Before we would let the children have any candy we took them all to Lumiere's for a good lunch. We all had a great time, even those who did not have children joined us.
So yes pack up some goodies and join us for the fun.

Ginger: Was there a specific limited time planned for the hunt? The maps showed where the DIS Board friends were staying? And someone stayed in each stateroom for the duration of the hunt? Or were people stationed at other places around the ship?

WOW! The room to room T or T sounds like alot of fun. Will we know the ages and number of kids before we leave? (Every inch of suitcase space is being carefully planned...even 6 months away.)

The children had 14 staterooms to hit last year, as I recall it took less than an hour. I think we started at 11:30am to be finished by 12:30pm so we could do lunch at Lum's before they closed. Some people waited in their staterooms for the children to come others went along with them and just ran ahead as they got closer to their staterooms. Ray greeted the children in the main lobby because he and Tony had upgraded and they were no longer in their orginal room which was already on the map. One couple T-or-T'ed our staterooms, they were on their pre-honeymoon cruise. LOL Oh Yeah, we did the T-or-T on Sunday, then on Monday all the adults had brunch at Palo, YUMMY!!!
I can't wait to hear from the 5/11 cruiser, wondering just how much will be changed. Going to an extra island this time will give us one less day at sea and for brunch at Palo. Maybe they will still have brunch on Sunday since we don't dock at Key West till 12:30.

Would anyone be interested in doing a DIS Brunch on Thursday, Oct. 31, Halloween Day.
Bill and I like to have dinner at Palo's on Saturday night, we go about 7:30. After we take Ashley to dinner first, we try not to eat anything. The Oceanears Club opens at 7:30 so we get her settled in there which takes about 1 second. They just open the gate and she runs in yelling "BYE, I'll page you when I want to come out". She never does, we have to go back and beg for her to leave or they throw her out.

njfamily I have already started collecting information from everyones post. I'll post a list of the childrens names and their ages, also staterooms of those who wish to participate in the event. It would be great if everyone could start helping me out a little early. You can email me the information or post it here.
Is anyone artistic or very creative? I could mail you a copy of the T-or-T map from last year, maybe it can be renovated for this year. If anyone has any other ideas please post them we're all ears.

I'll be hitting Wal-Mart before we head over to Port Canaveral for our goodies.

Wow! The DIS Trick or Treat scavenger hunt sounds fun!! I'm already getting ideas as to what I'll give out!! :D (but I can't tell... it's a secret ;) )

I agree we can wear lime green ribbons to meet at the Radisson. As Oct. gets closer we can set a more definate time and a location could be picked out by the people who are familar with this hotel

re: lime green ribbons. I had trouble finding some this January when we went to WDW as lime green is a springy color, not a winter or fall color. I was able to find some gift wrapping ribbon that was lime green, but you might want to look now while spring colors are out.

We could always wear orange or black for halloween, I am sure that would be easier to get. To pool is in the middle of everything there I think that will be a good place. My DD will be in it.:bounce:

Happy May Day!
PHP:
[list]

I've been spending so much time on doing cruise stuff that I almost forgot we're leaving next week for WDW. I just realized I havent got many things I need on my checklist and have tons to do in a very short time....I'm mixing up all my DIS info in my head!! I am so desperate for time that I'm considering asking Mark to do the packing for next week, but I'm afraid we'll end up in Florida without something I forgot to tell him to pack. It's not like he's stupid, but so much of it is in my head. Plus I now have to go out of town for work twice in the next six days... Aaargh, it'll be nice to get on a plane without a suit on.
I have some of the excursion info put together, but I wont be able to get it all done before the weekend. I'm working on it!

Once I get back from WDW and the conference immediately following it, I can concentrate on the cruise.

I dare say il probably find space in my suitcase for some photos. Having said that, the amount I plan on taking may fill an entire suitcase!!!
Friends can be so embarrassing, have you ever noticed that? And then they still claim to be your friend. Hmm revenge can be sweet though, better get my thinking cap on!
Thank heavens internal exams finish tomorrow but then we have our SATs. We do get a long weekend though so I shouldnt complain. Does anyone know what language the word biscuit comes from? I need to know for one of the questions on my technology test-dont ask!
Whoever is going to wdw next week-have fun!

Ginger- My DH and I are also planning on having dinner at Palos on Saturday night. October 26 is our anniversary and we would like to celebrate at Palos. We would also like to join other DIS for brunch at Palos. I didn't realize the brunch was only on sea days. I'm so afraid I won't get on the ship soon enough to secure my ressies. Our bus will not be leaving the Swan until 11:45. We would also like to participate in the stateroom T or T. I've already have ideas on what to bring for their T or T bags.

aks22 - If the excursions you are working on are for our cruise don't worrying about getting it done. You'll have plenty of time when you get back. Just concentrate on your vacation coming up. I'm so envious of you going to WDW in a week. I'll be looking forward to hearing how you liked the Dolphin since I'll be staying at the Swan before the cruise. If you can, check out the Swan for me while you're there.

Patty :earsgirl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter