• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Calling Halloween Cruisers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lanyards sounds like a great idea.

We have several from the 3 years we have been attempting to collect Disney Pins. (Impossible task to collect everything)

They are also great for the Pin Swapping on board.

What is the protocol for pin trading?
If someone wears a lanyard of pins is it assumed that they are available for trading or can one wear them to show them off like a necklace and people not assume they are available for trades?
What experiences has anyone had with trading and wearing pins?
You are right Ray, we cannot collect them all. We have to pick the ones that are most special and hope that they do not weigh us down too much to have fun.

Jan :earsgirl:

hi,
I'm gonna be there too as my dad Mark H has already said (I'm Emma) I just thought it would be funny to leave a message on here and see what he says! Well so far it seems I'm gonna be the only 14 year old on the entire cruise and I've only just found out what we're actually doing during our holiday by reading my dad's post! Maybe I should spend more time listening to what people say to me! Anyway Bad Girls has started so I'm gonna go and watch that, just thought I'd say hi.
XxEmmaxX

P.S. I'm a complete disney nut am I? I think the term you're looking for there is just plain nuts!

Hi Emma and Welcome!
Don't be discouraged, I am sure that you'll find others on the ship your age. Have you started thinking about a costume? Did you know that the spa on the Magic offers Teen Time, you can get a manicure, pedicure and a mini facial the price was $49.00, so save your money. There are special movie times and parties just for teens. So I am sure you won't be the only 14 year old aboard.
Can't wait to meet you.
Just 6 short months to go.

WELCOME EMMA--
So--you are not a Disney nut?
I saw a lot of teens on the Disney MAGIC the other two times I went. They did not look bored, they were walking and talking with friends, hanging out in Common Grounds or at the pool. I bet you will have a grand time.
You have been in our country more than I have been in yours. I was in England last June. We flew into Heathrow, spent four days at Kensington Gardens Hotel (using our Disney Vacation Club points) and touring London--mostly on foot. We also walked in all the parts of the Tower that we could and did Tower Bridge Experience. Then we drove north to Stone and went to the wedding of our niece in Hagley.
Looking forward to meeting you.
Jan (53) :earsgirl:

Suzanne,
Thanks for the address:
DIS collectors board FAQ
I checked it out and learned a lot.
Jan :earsgirl:

Hi Emma! Welcome to the boards. Was your first cruise on one of the Disney ships? When I re-read the threads on this post I found out the poster mpaone has a son your age. So there will be atleast two 14 year olds on the ship.
Patty :earsgirl:
(another disney nut)

hi,
Yeah it was a disney one. Oh well thats not quite so bad, at least there's one more person my age!!!!! hmm i think its 183 days till the cruise starts! yay that gives me a while to unpack from venice and then re pack 4 the cruise. Wahoo life is great except 4 the maths homework i have 2 do. Ah well :)

Well I installed the countdown timer on my signature.

I know... I know... it says we are leaving a day early. Well we are, we live in Vegas and are staying at the Raddisson (Like Most of the Halloween Cruisers are) So our countdown is just a little earlier than yours. Still can't wait to meet all of you.

Yeah Ray, we're leaving a week early too. LOL
Should I pick you up at the airport????? Bill says to pack lite.

Tell Bill that We both pack lite. Its just that light means under 200 pounds per suitcase. LOL

Do you charge more or less than Happy Limo?

Actually we are thinking about getting a rental to go to the Raddisson

What about the posters? Anyone else staying at the Raddisson before the Cruise?

Originally posted by Pryd

What about the posters? Anyone else staying at the Raddisson before the Cruise?

We plan on going to the Raddison the night before. We don't have our airline tickets yet, so I don't know what time we will be flying in yet.

So far 5 families have posted that they will be at the Radisson the night before the cruise. Should we do cocktails around the pool before dinner? I have printed menus from a few places in the area for dinner that night. Rusty's and Grills Seafood looks good. They are both located on the water front by the ships terminal. Has anyone ever been to them????

Ginger's Limo service is cheap, cheap, cheap.

I am all about cocktails at the pool before dinner - say, noonish ? :D
Haven't ever been to that area of the coast, but definitely need a place where we can take the kids.
We are toying with the idea of driving instead of flying, but will arrive Fri am regardless. I'd like to get to KSC for a little while.

I am not sure what time we will be arriving at the Radisson. Anyone know what time their check-in is? We have to come up with some way to recognize each other.

Usual check in time is about 2-3 pm at most hotels. But if you arrive early and a room is available (meaning they are not waiting for a room to be cleaned), they will check you in whenever you arrive. It may help to be a Raddisson Gold Rewards member, but I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not. If your room isn't available, they'll at least check you in on a TBD basis and check your luggage at the bell stand.
Just like packing for the first day of the cruise, if you pack a small bag for Friday you can use the pool and other facilities while waiting for your room.
I travel a lot for work and have never had a problem with early arrivals or early check-in (just a couple of weeks ago I checked into a Hilton at 7 am!), but I'm always prepared to live out of my travel case that first day if needed.
Not that any of us will need it in October, but just fyi, if you request a late check out when a hotel is not fully booked, you can often check out as late as 1 or 2pm.

I'm sure you can sign up at www.radisson.com for the Gold Rewards frequent traveler program.

We could do the lime green ribbons to recognize each other.

The Paone's will be at the Radisson the day before also. As I am very afraid to fly I will be needing that cocktail by the pool as soon as I arrive!!!! Not sure when our flight gets in, I think 11 ish.

Emma, my son's name is Bryan and he will be 14 in August. Do you have aol? I know he is always on there chatting with friends...I'll have to ask him what his screen name is and get back to you. I think its skatexv or something.

Cant wait till we all meet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter