Calling Contemporary Experts

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
Ok - I moved to the Contemporary Standard room - asked for non-smoking North wing, upper floor near laundry.

Did I do right ?

Questions:
1) Is there a small 'store' in the Contemporary to buy milk & snacks (packaged cookies, chips) ?

2) Since we have a view of cars, what would be the best 'car view'
room in the North wing ?

3) Do you have to walk outside from the North wing to the tower where the monorail is ?

4) Buses -are they very crowed ?

5) How is the pool ? Good for a DS 11 yrs old and DD 8 yrs old ?

6) balcony with the standard rooms in the North wing ?

-any other hints/tricks/things to know would be great.

Ok - I moved to the Contemporary Standard room - asked for non-smoking North wing, upper floor near laundry.

Did I do right ? You bet! Just be forewarned - while SOG has most of the North Wing - even though that is your first request, you may get stuck with South. Both are fine, but we prefer the North.

Questions:
1) Is there a small 'store' in the Contemporary to buy milk & snacks (packaged cookies, chips) ?
Yes - you can go upstairs to the 4th Floor Concourse - the gift shop over in the corner, next to Fantasia sells quarts of milk, packaged cookies, etc. You can also buy these things at the Food N Fun Center, but they are more expensive there, of course.

2) Since we have a view of cars, what would be the best 'car view'
room in the North wing ? Any parking lot view will be of the North Wing Parking lot - not really a choice, but it will be also closest to the MK - with a view of the monorail - kind of cool. I would request the section of the North Wing Building nearest to the Main Tower Building - some rooms have quite a walk. The standard view rooms in this hall would be numbered around 7x80 - 7x88.

3) Do you have to walk outside from the North wing to the tower where the monorail is ? Yep - but only about 4 steps from the door at the end of the wing, to the side door from the Food N Fun Center.

4) Buses -are they very crowded ? Depends on which bus and when - no more so than any other resort. You have monorail access to MK and Epcot - Yay!! You can also walk to MK in less than 10 minutes from the path from the North Garden Wing.

5) How is the pool ? Good for a DS 11 yrs old and DD 8 yrs old ?
My girls, ages 6, 12, and 14 loved the pool - not a whole lot of theming, but a fun slide and lots of room - the pool is near Bay Lake - so you can even swim while watching the Electrical Water Pageant at night (around 9:45 ish).

6) balcony with the standard rooms in the North wing ? No balconies with any Wing Rooms - but you do get a patio if you get first floor (complete with ducks!)

-any other hints/tricks/things to know would be great. The CR has the best arcade on property - be prepared with quarters! My girls loved playing air hockey. Be sure to tell your kids to be on the lookout for the five legged goat when you go up to the monorail - it is on the big mural on that wall!

They reply was great ! I am sold on the Contemporary.
I will call back asn ask for "section of the North Wing Building nearest to the Main Tower Building" :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter