• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Calling all theme park strategy experts...I have a tough ? for you..

DisneyDru

Earning My Ears
So here is my situation. I booked a room only reservation for 3 nights (Mon oct 5- thurs oct 8) at bay lake tower. A few months later, I booked a separate reservation for 3 more nights (Thurs oct8-Sun oct11) at pop century. This pop reservation I made as a Magic Your Way Package including 5 day park tickets. My thought process was that the 5 day tickets would work for Tues-Sat of my trip, however now that I am 60 days out I have noticed that it is only allowing me to book fast passes starting on the Thursday or the beginning of my magic your way booking. I am afraid that my tickets won't work on the Tuesday and Wednesday because they are linked to the second hotel. When I called guest services, they seemed unsure at first, but in the end they seemed to think that the tickets would work on Tuesday or Wednesday but I would not be able to book the fast passes on those days in advance. Does anyone know if this is true, and since my tickets are already showing up in my Disney experience app, then I should be able to head to the park on tues or wed with a magic band linked to the account and be able to get in?

It is true that your 60-day FP window will not open until 60 days prior to your MYW arrival date which is Oct 8. But if I am not wrong, you can arrive early, visit guest services, and activate your tickets at that time. I would get on the phone to Disney to get absolute confirmation on this. For 1) you have to waste your time activating tickets at guest services, and 2) you cannot get FP+'s for those first few days. Can't they book this all as one package with a split stay? There has to be a better way to book this to get FP+ at 60 days on the first part of your trip.

It is true that your 60-day FP window will not open until 60 days prior to your MYW arrival date which is Oct 8. But if I am not wrong, you can arrive early, visit guest services, and activate your tickets at that time. I would get on the phone to Disney to get absolute confirmation on this. For 1) you have to waste your time activating tickets at guest services, and 2) you cannot get FP+'s for those first few days. Can't they book this all as one package with a split stay? There has to be a better way to book this to get FP+ at 60 days on the first part of your trip.

CMs on the reservation line would not be able to answer those kinds of questions. Only Guest Relations know the work arounds to activate tickets before a package begins. The OP should note that this can only be done at one of the GR windows located outside the gates at one of the parks. It can't be done at a resort.

You cannot have one reservation for a split stay. First of all, they are at 2 separate resorts. Secondly, one is a package and one is room only. These require separate reservations, even if they are back to back at the same resort.

The only way the OP could have had FPs for the first stay at 60 days would be to have tickets associated with that reservation. But she doesn't. She can only make Ssme Day FPs on the Tuesday and Wednesday, but she will at least be able to use the tickets after visiting GR outside her first park.

My Disney Experience has WAY too many issues. If you call Guest Services, and ask them to link the two reservations, including your park tickets, to the same Magic Bands for everyone in your family, you should be able to get into the park. Once the two reservations are linked, you also should be able to make the FastPasses for every day you have park tickets.

Good luck!

Something similar just happened to me last week. We had four days in cocoa then four days in Disney (mon/thurs). Our Friday plans got cancelled and I wanted to drive in for the day and go to mk early. I called guest services to see if I could add a day. No one could give me a straight answer if it would bother my package. I took a chance. TTC guest services added the day and said that because I would be starting my package/using the tickets within 14 days, I was good to go. She was right. I had no problem after check in and for the remainder of our stay. I couldn't make fast passes on my app for Friday.

In June of 2014, we added two days (but only one night) as a room only reservation before our previously booked package so that we could catch the last Star Wars Weekend for 2014. We then added two days to the Park Hopper Pass that was part of our original package.

Upon arrival, we had to visit guest services to activate the park ticket portion of our package. We were not able to make FP+ reservations prior to our arrival.

We did it this way because guest services insisted that it was the only way it could be done, without buying new base tickets for the first two days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter