Calling All Star Wars Fans……

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
I decided to take on Star Wars during my workouts (this is the time I watch things that others in my family don’t want to watch). I’ve seen the first 3 movies as a kid, but nothing else. I Googled the order to watch everything, and this is what I found…..

Do you agree with this order?
If not, please post your changes since I’m completely clueless - LOL!

IMG_1248.jpeg

We love Star Wars and usually watch 2 or 3 times per week. Have fun with whatever order you choose. My wife actually knows all the details of the characters from reading the books long ago. It’s an amazing story when you think about it.

I'm thinking about it..... have been asked this before. I"m more of a purist and have always believed someone should watch in the original order everything was released, how the story unfolded that way.
But idk. maybe it would make more sense, would be interesting for someone new to go now in chronological order...idk, hard for me to even imagine that way, but I just also hope that you love them, and keep watching!! Love when new fans come on board and discover how wonderful it all is.

You are actually missing Star Wars Resistance, which is fairly inconsequentaial to most fans as it's a bit more of a kid oriented show. There are only two seasons, but it was getting good actually. There are connections to it in the new Ahsoka series. Saeson one would take place right before The Force Awakens, and Season 2 directly after The Last Jedi (since almost no time passes between the two movies).

Also, if you are watching on Disney+, make sure to watch The Clone Wars movie before the series. It's really the pilot for the series, but it has its own entry.

I'm thinking about it..... have been asked this before. I"m more of a purist and have always believed someone should watch in the original order everything was released, how the story unfolded that way.
But idk. maybe it would make more sense, would be interesting for someone new to go now in chronological order...idk, hard for me to even imagine that way, but I just also hope that you love them, and keep watching!! Love when new fans come on board and discover how wonderful it all is.

I would agree in watching in release order if someone had never seen the OT. Since she has, I think Saga order works too.

I liked Star Wars when the first few movies were released. Then found it confusing going back/forth through time and introducing many new characters. As with any movie sequel if done over a long enough time period, the original actors have aged out of their roles and you have to keep introducing new characters. Kinda lost interest after all these years.

Seems now more like an effort to keep making money off of the original concept by continuing to release new movies.

I would agree in watching in release order if someone had never seen the OT. Since she has, I think Saga order works too.
Recently ... well during the pandemic.... we decided to do a watch in the order of the timeline, very much like what Slo has set up. I like it and especially for a first time watcher I think it helps

Last edited:
Thank you everyone - I knew I could count on you to help me out :thumbsup2
Would love to know your decision.
I loved SOLO and really expected Qi’ra to be the new Villain since she was sneaky and evil in the end !
Hope you find a way to justify including it in your viewing choice soon .

I decided to take on Star Wars during my workouts (this is the time I watch things that others in my family don’t want to watch). I’ve seen the first 3 movies as a kid, but nothing else. I Googled the order to watch everything, and this is what I found…..

Do you agree with this order?
If not, please post your changes since I’m completely clueless - LOL!

View attachment 790318
I agree with the order.

Reactions: slo
Ooh also don’t forget about the Bad Batch, I was so pleasantly surprised by how much I love that show. It’s set shortly after Revenge of the Sith.

Oh yeah - The Batch! It takes place immediately after Revenge of the Sith.

After Solo, it should be Rebels --> Ashoka --> Andor --> Rogue One

I watched Clone Wars and Rebels in order to watch Ahoska . There’s a lot episodes in clone wars multiple years of 22 episodes a season. It helped me know about characters like Hondo who I didn’t know other than he is in MFSR ride.

If I knew nothing about SW , I would watch Star Wars, Empire and Return of Jedi first to see if it is your thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter