Calling All Ireland Abd Experts......

knewton64

- May the luck of the Irish always be with you -
....ok small rant here to to give you the backstory.

I am going on "Spirit of America" trip in October 2009. I would just love dearly to go to Ireland in 2010 but......I won't have enought vacation built up until early September area. So.....gotta ask the old proveribal (spelling??) question of "WWYD????"

option #1: Book early sept 2010 (around early Sept 2009) date of arrival for ABD Ireland trip?? If so, safe to say it would be early fall weather over there?? Safe to say the average temperature would be typical fall weather - like 55 degrees for a high & 45 for a low??

Option #2: Rebook while on WDW /DCL trip (01-07-09 thru 01-15-09) for another 4-day WDW land / 4-day DCL sea vacation (for January 2011)??
THEN look at the Ireland trip for May/June area 2012?

Option #3 After October 2009 "spirit of America ABD trip." take no action....just save up $ then when Sept 2010 rolls around (if Disney still has Ireland trip) book the trip for May/June 2011??

Option #4 ???

What has me stumped is the weather. I don't desire to spend that kind of $ & be in a place where it's cold, damp, foggy & icky ALL the time. Yes, I understand it's Ireland yet this weather thing has me stumped.:confused3

I welcome some much needed coaching here.

....ok small rant here to to give you the backstory.

I am going on "Spirit of America" trip in October 2009. I would just love dearly to go to Ireland in 2010 but......I won't have enought vacation built up until early September area. So.....gotta ask the old proveribal (spelling??) question of "WWYD????"

option #1: Book early sept 2010 (around early Sept 2009) date of arrival for ABD Ireland trip?? If so, safe to say it would be early fall weather over there?? Safe to say the average temperature would be typical fall weather - like 55 degrees for a high & 45 for a low??

Option #2: Rebook while on WDW /DCL trip (01-07-09 thru 01-15-09) for another 4-day WDW land / 4-day DCL sea vacation (for January 2011)??
THEN look at the Ireland trip for May/June area 2012?

Option #3 After October 2009 "spirit of America ABD trip." take no action....just save up $ then when Sept 2010 rolls around (if Disney still has Ireland trip) book the trip for May/June 2011??

Option #4 ???

What has me stumped is the weather. I don't desire to spend that kind of $ & be in a place where it's cold, damp, foggy & icky ALL the time. Yes, I understand it's Ireland yet this weather thing has me stumped.:confused3

I welcome some much needed coaching here.

Ya know, it really just depends on what you want to do. I've wanted to go to Ireland sooo badly for years - the opportunity to go had finally arrived so naturally we went!

As far as the weather goes - ours was wonderful (May 15-25)! It was not cold, rainy or foggy (ok, we had one day of on and off rain while in Killarney, mostly of the drizzley variety). Temps during the day were anywhere from 55-70 degrees and 50-60 degrees at night. We wore long pants and t-shirts, and the only time we wore a light jacket was on our one rainy day, the eco-cruise in Kenmare Bay and our visit the Cliffs of Moher.

It is my understanding from our guides that April, May, and September are normally the sunniest and driest months of the year with August and December being the wettest. Also, July and August is peak vacation season for the Irish and most of Europe as well.

While I would love to go in September, we choose never to be far too from home during that time. It's the peak month of Hurricane season, (we live at the very bottom of the state of FL in Homestead and have pets...), so we'll always be close to home in September. My two cents worth...option #1!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter