Called to upgrade to Poly concierge and.......

GoingtoWDWagain

All because two people fell in love.....
Hi, I called to upgrade from garden view at Poly to concierge garden view and I can't believe the difference in price with a discount code! I got a rate of $201.00 including tax for garden view only(that's what I kept) and for concierge garden view the CM said, $295.25 with tax. That's a BIG difference in price and $94.25 extra per day is not worth it for me. For that I can order room service and/or eat at many of the other restaurant's for that extra $94.25 per day. However, that's just how I feel about the price difference.

Does the difference in price sound correct to other's who have stayed at Poly concierge?

Thanks for in advance for any response that can help me understand this! :)

The rate you were quoted sounds like a discounted LV concierge rate. When I was booked in Poly GV concierge my AP rate was $266.50 including tax. The GV concierge rooms are usually the first to book up, since they are less expensive. My guess is that the CM either pulled up the wrong view, or LV is the only thing available.

I agree. It sounds like a discounted lv concierge room.

Hi again, the price I was quoted was for garden view concierge ($295.25) not LV. I can understand if it was LV concierge but, this price was for GV and the difference from a regular GV is $94.25 per night so, I'd be paying $94.25 extra for the food and beverages, per night and still have only a GV room. Maybe the code doesn't apply to LV concierge?

Still :confused:

could be the time of year you requested (its much less during the value season).

You know, it's up to you but if I was going to spend 200 on a room per night anyway, I'd up it to the 295.00 for concierge . To me it would be worth it - they help with reservations, you have food all day long - it can really add up. Plus check in there is so GREAT - you get driven to the concierge building in a golf cart and you sit down at a desk to check in - the regular lines at the poly check in desk can be rather long at times and SLOW. Have they redone the concierge rooms yet?? If so , that's even better. Go for it, have fun!!!

I think it depends on time of year. A 90 dollar difference does not sound out of line to me at all.

And although you do have food available - it is not all day.

We loved the concierge experience and would do it again if the price is right.

WE usually always missed the evening snack as we were in the parks. The convenience of breakfast was huge for us. Soda was nice, too.

I just booked 4 nights LV cons. room at Poly with AP code and it came to 1289/w tax. GV cons. would have been $266/nt. We are going January 31st. Without the AP discount it was 2096.24 for the 4 nights LV cons.

Hope this helps.

Judy

The codes that are out now are not giving rates as low as we are used to, so I'm sure the OP is right about it being GV. But then again, we haven't had codes for the peak Easter season before!

I can't say if it's worth it or not, but the codes this time around aren't that great :)

My friends just paid 256 including tax for Gv concierge. (Using a code on Mousesavers)

The rates above are quite a bit lower than current code rates ($265+ for Gv and $330+ for Gv Conc). What period are these these lower rates for?

Trying again...can anyone offer insight on the lower rates mentioned in this thread for the Poly that are lower than current code rates? Thanks.

Most of the rates being mentioned are for value season. The current code rate is for dates which fall during peak season. Peak Season rack rates are MUCH more than value season rates, which is why the current code rates are higher than the previous code rates. Codes usually give 30% - 40% off rack rates.

We had a much lower rate for Poly consierge last time, but it was right after 9/11. We loved the convenience of the lounge (especially breakfast). If you are going during the time they are renovating the consierge building, I wouldn't do it.

GoingtoWDWagain.

would you mind sending me a pm and letting me know the code you used for your reservation?

I can't send you a private message as you didn't choose that option.

Thanks

Off topic, but Peak Easter season codes? The only codes I know of go till the 9th. I guess if you check in the 9th thought that would make sense.

I agree with a previous post that if you are already going to pay $200+ for a room, why not go 90.00 more for concierge? I guess it would also depend on how many of you there are going. My last trip I did BC concierge, but there were 5 of us, so the extra $$ was definitely worth it. NO, you aren't ever going to get $90 worth of food a day for concierge, no matter how many people are in the room - but the pampering, easy check-in, etc, was what makes it worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter