Call me paranoid, never riding outdoor rides during fireworks

dssdevl

Earning My Ears
I would never have thought that embers from Disney fireworks could cause what happened at 7DMT last night.What if that landed in a mine cart someone was riding?

That's a massive over reaction in my opinion. Fires could happen at any time anywhere. Rides function using electrics which can cause fires. You would never ride anything, get in a car etc. using this logic.
Disney have fireworks most nights and it is ultra rare for firework debris to land and cause such a big reaction.

Planning another trip across the sea for October 16!

Yeah sorry, this is overly paranoid.

But hey, more room on 7DMT during fireworks for me! :p

Tiny chance, as the PP said, taking such a risk averse approach to life isn't worth the slight odds.

I'm hoping that this doesn't stop them running SDMT during Wishes. We rode BTMRR during Wishes which was lovely, but riding SDMT was just amazing, you're just surrounded by lights everywhere you look. it was glorious. :wizard:

You could just as likely be hit with debris while walking around on the ground during the fireworks. I wouldn't worry about it. Life is too short.

By all means do not ride. It's your personal choice. But don't be surprised if others do.

I would never have thought that embers from Disney fireworks could cause what happened at 7DMT last night.What if that landed in a mine cart someone was riding?

I can understand where you are coming from. Clearly Disney need to implement some further safety features (sprinklers) The Little Mermaid ride caught fire last year (just the roof) due to embers from Wishes. When the wind is really bad, they close Fantasyland during Wishes.

Our first trip we were riding splash mountian.When we were at the top the fireworks started to go off.By far the best view in the park!It really was magical for the 3 of us!

That's how we feel when we ride Big Thunder Mountain at night! Love seeing the fireworks as you are zooming around the on the fastest ride in the west!
Elizabeth

People die in car accidents every hour of every day...does that stop you from getting in a car? Way too paranoid. It was a small fire, cast members got guests out safely..cosmetic damage. Looking forward to many more rides on 7DMT especially during Wishes..that sounds amazing.

Life is full of what if's. No one has to ride a ride in order to function on a day to day basis. So, if you're not comfortable riding under those conditions, then I wouldn't. Doesn't make you stupid or ignorant, it's your choice.

It's not something that concerns me, doesn't mean it shouldn't concern you.

If you are truly concerned about this I would suggest you stay away from Fantasyland during the fireworks and enjoy other parts of the park.

One of our favorite places to watch the fireworks is sitting on the wall by Belle's house, enjoying the fireworks and booming all around us. That said on numerous occasions the debris from them is falling all around us. Mostly small pieces of paper but at times it has been "embers" or hot. We brush them off. If I were to be back there watching with a child in stroller, I would be watching them more closely to make sure nothing lands on it. It all has to fall somewhere and if you are in an area completely surrounded by them, the wind could drop some debris by you. I would think at this point there will be sprinklers installed throughout New Fantasyland where needed like they have on other buildings.

I can understand where you are coming from. Clearly Disney need to implement some further safety features (sprinklers) The Little Mermaid ride caught fire last year (just the roof) due to embers from Wishes. When the wind is really bad, they close Fantasyland during Wishes.

Was it a windy night last night? So awful about 7DMT and scary. Very glad no one was hurt. I think like the OP, I too would have second thoughts about riding rides during Wishes if our kids were with us.

Any chance they'd stop the fireworks?

You're more likely to get Ebola than get injured in a fire at DW

Was it a windy night last night? So awful about 7DMT and scary. Very glad no one was hurt. I think like the OP, I too would have second thoughts about riding rides during Wishes if our kids were with us.

Any chance they'd stop the fireworks?

No, I expect they'll probably just (very) temporarily suspend operation of the mine ride during the fireworks, until they get some more sprinklers installed on top of the mountain. Then the sprinklers will run during the fireworks, just as they do on the roofs of the Fantasyland buildings (haven't you ever noticed them dripping?).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter