California Here We Come (Day 4 & Wrap Up)

GrammieMame

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Saturday, March 31

I had reservations for the character breakfast at GF, but we decided to sleep in, take our time packing, and just be a little more leisurely. So I never got to see the inside of GF. But in retrospect, I’m very glad to have stayed at the DL Hotel instead. The GF was just too much in the middle of things. Our car was coming about 11:00 and everything went off without a hitch. The driver was very nice and attentive. I checked my bags curbside as planned and went with Lynn to see them off, then back to my gate where I read my book until it was time to board. Now I can go home and start planning for my next WDW trip.

WRAP-UP THOUGHTS

Being an east-coast WDW fanatic, I suppose comparisons are inevitable

I really don’t like that mini-castle;

I really do like the compactness of DL. So nice to be able to walk out of your hotel, through DD, and into either of the parks. Of course, for everything you gain, you lose something. In this case, the much wider variety of options that are available at WDW. DL is a long weekend – WDW is a week+ full service resort;

The food at CA was far superior to any that I have tasted in any of the WDW parks. Of course, we found that we had great tasting bread everywhere we were in California;

Things I would like to transport to WDW: Matterhorn and Grizzly River Rapids (much better than the rapids ride in WDW), and, OF COURSE;

Soarin-Over California. I can’t wait until WDW gets something similar. Surely they will, and I’ll be on line for a steady stream of fast-passes all day long.

Lucy - Thank you for taking the time to share your vacation. I felt like I was right there with you.:)

Thank you so much for sharing your trip with us. I really enjoyed reading all your reports. I leave tomorrow for our first trip to DL and can't wait to compare it to MK in WDW. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter