California Grill Lounge

buccikulju

Mouseketeer
Heading to the WDW with my 21 year old daughter for a quick 3 night, 4 day visit, Jan 10-13, 2017. We are staying at the Contemporary for the first time. I am wondering about the California Grill Lounge...anyone have an idea of how likely it is to get a seat there to enjoy a cocktail, a light bite, and the fireworks? It sounds perfect but I'm worried you have to stake out those seats at 5:00 or something. It seems to be a pretty low occupancy time of year, so maybe that makes it more likely to find a spot there? Any info on the CG lounge would be appreciated. Thanks

Likelihood for fireworks timing is very low. The bar is very small, and near fireworks time it is often full of people waiting for tables for their ADRs because people stall leaving until the fireworks are done. After about 7, it is difficult/unlikely to get up without an ADR for the main restaurant.

Occupancy has little to do with availability of top dining reservations and times, just because there is limited capacity at restaurants and at lounges.

Last edited:
I haven't tried, but I've heard and read here that anywhere near fireworks time, it's completely packed. Your fear about needing to stake out seats at 5:00 is probably correct.

I would say the probably might be low, but not impossible. I was there in late June and arrived at the lounge about about 7:30-8:00 pm and there were spots at the bar and we got a table near a window (not right next to the window).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter