California Grill Gluten Free 50th Prix Fixe?

Beachyrock

Mouseketeer
Has anyone been to California Grill recently with a gluten allergy? The prix fixe menu does not look overly GF friendly. First course has nothing listed as GF, and second course only has pork (which I also can't eat). Found one other forum post, but the information was over a year old. I've sent an email to special diets, but hoping for some recent first hand info. Thanks!

For an appetizer they can do a custom sushi roll that doesn't use gluten-containing ingredients. They used to have GF flatbread crusts too, but I'm not sure if they still do.

For the entrees, I don't see why they couldn't cook the filet or fish GF, but I haven't personally experienced them so I don't want to assume.

The creme brulee is GF for dessert, and I know they used to do a flourless chocolate cake but I haven't heard of anyone getting it recently. They can also suggest which cheeses are GF.

As an update, here's the info I received from the Special Diets team:
The chefs have indicated the following would all be suitable to meet your needs for your reservation at California Grill.

First course:
Seasonal Soup- no fried parsnip
California roll- good as is
Cascade roll- no seaweed salad as garnish
Apple tart salad- good as is.

Second course:
Chicken- can be made as is.
Grouper- can be made as is.
Saffron Risso- No naan bread

Dessert:
Crème brulee- good as is
Peanut butter torte-good as is.

*However, when I look at the menu online, several of the items that are mentioned above are not listed. I will be satisfied with the soup, grouper, and creme brûlée, so all good. I did not ask about dairy free, but the Special Diets team was very responsive, so just reach out to them at special.diets@disneyworld.com.

Would love to know as well, I'm GF and Dairy Free.
Me, too, and CG was wonderful for me a year ago November. The 50th menu had a marvelous heirloom apple salad then, and I had the pork so can't suggest other menu items I particularly enjoyed.

I really don't see a need for someone g-f/d-f contacting special diets about a meal at Cali. They've always done a wonderful job meeting both needs for me. We've eaten there nearly every trip for a dozen years.

Ask for a table with Beckey, a server from Guantanamo, Cuba. She advocates wonderfully well for me every time we're at Cali. And, she's experienced and skilled besides at nearly 20 years there.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter