California Grill - First Night w/ 50th Menu

whodini

Mouseketeer
Another great dinner at California Grill. Had a 9:20 ADR. Checked in at 8:45 to see the fireworks and they actually sat us at our table right away.
2 pieces of bread with dipping oil delivered after ordering the meal.
Cascade Roll was tasty, but more poke on top of vegetable roll pieces and not integrated into the roll
DW had the duck a’lorange pizza minus the blue cheese. So yes they still will make changes.
I had the cioppino. Fantastic! The sourdough is covered in uni butter and crab is amazing. All the fish was cooked perfectly.
DW had the beef filet. Cooked to exact temp. She liked it a lot.
She also loved the grand marnier soufflé desert. I had the chocolate torte which was a little basic compared to everything else.
For anyone interested - the upcharge for the 32oz tomahawk is $80.
Left the restaurant at 10:45. Didn’t feel rushed at all. The timing of the meal felt like any other we’ve had there.

Looking forward to this in under 2 weeks. Glad you enjoyed it. Hoping we have the same experience.

is the normal menu gone? do you have to do the 50th menu at 89.99/person? The wife and I usually split meals.

I second a great recommend. This 50th Menu is pretty damn good. The Cioppino is excellent, however if you get it, order it with extra broth. They barely give you a sliver of broth at the bottom.

What I loved was that even though they had the same type of food on the menu, they were different for the 50th Menu, like the Sushi options. That trio is superb! Cioppino I don't think they ever had on the regular menu so that was a nice surprise.

CA Grill has not been in my good graces in a while and potentially slipped out of my WDW Top 10, imo, however this 50th Menu has brought it back into my sights. I have another reservation booked in a few weeks AND possibly may get to sneak into a friend's CA Grill dinner 2 weeks later! 🤫

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter