• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

California grill early dining - process to comeback for fireworks?

DianaMB333

DIS Veteran
DVC Platinum
Hi

If we do a 5pm dining reservation, what can we expect for coming back to the deck for watching the fireworks?

Should we ask for some sort of ticket or confirmation to get back in?

Should we “save the spot” in advance? One hr before?

have you done it in hot dates ie NYE or July 4th? Any of the above changes?

(I hope to get a reservation there on Oct 1st)

Thanks!

Last time we did it, which was pre-Covid, you showed your dining receipt to the folks at the desk on the second floor of the lobby and they let you up. If they are not there, wait for the elevator and someone will let you up. Just show them your dining receipt.

mac_tlc

While the previous poster's are correct, when we did this in June, they suggested we line up on the second floor about 45 minutes before the fireworks because there was not a guarantee everyone would be allowed up due to capacity restrictions. There was quite a line by the time they started letting us up, but I am not sure if anyone wasn't let in. Granted, this was the night HEA came back so YMMV.

We do that all the time. We don't really like the food and atmosphere (too noisy for a signature restaurant) at CG so we go there for Pre-dinner drinks, save our receipt, then head over to Narcoossee's or elsewhere for dinner. We get back in time for the fireworks. We show our receipt and they let us back up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter