California Grill Brunch updated menu question

lotsohugginbear

Mouseketeer
My daughter and I are going to the brunch in June.
They have some updates we haven't tried. Has anyone tried the Chicken and Toast, Lemon Ricotta Pancakes, Brie and Berries Pancakes or the Blackened Gulf Shrimp? They all sound great! Wish I was there for Mother's Day!

Funny you should ask as I had two of the four just last Sunday.

The chicken and toast was AWESOME!!! Think uber fancy avocado toast with delicious fried chicken on top. It had just a bit of spice to it and the bread it came on was absolutely delicious. I also really enjoyed the lemon pancakes. They were very light and delicious. You can order half an order of either pancake which is a good way to try more than one thing.

We were last there at the beginning of April and there were menu changes from our prior visit in Dec/Jan. Firstly, I'm sorry to say both the crepe suzette and baba rhum station has switched to a chocolate doughnut looking cake for Star Wars; even the table's chocoholic wasn't impressed. Here's what it looks like with the cherry sauce:

[GALLERY=]IMG_0796 by Y H, on Flickr[/GALLERY]

On the bright side, 12 million less calories to worry about, LOL. The ending dessert cookies and chocolates served on a platter are a tad smaller than in the past but no change in the recipes otherwise.

We shared 5 entrees between the 4 of us: the vegan style shakshuka (lovely savoury dish and I did not miss the lamb as I thought I would), an omelette made to order (standard of the menu and glad that it is), ricotta pancakes (sooo light textured! just a dream) steak and eggs (another menu standard it seems ) and a shrimp and grits dish. I wasn't allowed to taste the shrimp dish because DGD was being a selfish little piggywiggy (hmph and and sniffles too) but she seemed to enjoy it.

Going back in June.

Last edited:
We were last there at the beginning of April and there were menu changes from our prior visit in Dec/Jan. Firstly, I'm sorry to say both the crepe suzette and baba rhum station has switched to a chocolate doughnut looking cake for Star Wars; even the table's chocoholic wasn't impressed. Here's what it look like with the berry sauce:

[GALLERY=]IMG_0796 by Y H, on Flickr[/GALLERY]

On the bright side, 12 million less calories to worry about, LOL. The ending dessert cookies and chocolates served on a platter are a tad smaller than in the past but no change in the recipes otherwise.

We shared 5 entrees between the 4 of us: the vegan style shakshuka (lovely savoury dish and I did not miss the lamb as I thought I would), an omelette made to order (standard of the menu and glad that it is), ricotta pancakes (sooo light textured! just a dream) steak and eggs (another menu standard it seems ) and a shrimp and grits dish. I wasn't allowed to taste the shrimp dish because DGD was being a selfish little piggywiggy (hmph and and sniffles too) but she seemed to enjoy it.

Going back in June.
I can just hear Gordon Ramsay's comment on that presentation :crazy2:

Funny you should ask as I had two of the four just last Sunday.

The chicken and toast was AWESOME!!! Think uber fancy avocado toast with delicious fried chicken on top. It had just a bit of spice to it and the bread it came on was absolutely delicious. I also really enjoyed the lemon pancakes. They were very light and delicious. You can order half an order of either pancake which is a good way to try more than one thing.

Might this be showcased in an upcoming food report? The Chicken and Toast is the one I was considering the most. I have had the Korean Chicken Waffles before, and that was just okay. The half portion of pancakes is a good idea -- last time I was there we ordered too much.

Firstly, I'm sorry to say both the crepe suzette and baba rhum station has switched to a chocolate doughnut looking cake for Star Wars;
The baba rhum was back last week. I didn't have it but it was definitely there.

Might this be showcased in an upcoming food report? The Chicken and Toast is the one I was considering the most. I have had the Korean Chicken Waffles before, and that was just okay. The half portion of pancakes is a good idea -- last time I was there we ordered too much.
No, no report this time. I just enjoyed the weekend and went with the flow this time.

I had the shrimp and grits today and they were to die for.

A side note because you might pass it over, but the surprise hit of the buffet for us and the tables around us was the parfait in the mini square glasses.

I had the shrimp and grits today and they were to die for.

A side note because you might pass it over, but the surprise hit of the buffet for us and the tables around us was the parfait in the mini square glasses.

I love those little parfaits -- just like Donkey from Shrek. The Wave also has good parfaits on their breakfast buffet. The Wave is a great cheaper buffet alternative.

Allears shows the price at $80/person and 1 signature cocktail.
Is the price correct and do they still serve unlimited mimosas?

Allears shows the price at $80/person and 1 signature cocktail.
Is the price correct and do they still serve unlimited mimosas?
Thought we paid $90.00 p/p (adult) at the start of April when last we ate there. Could be wrong though.
Yes, they still serve unlimited mimosas with sparkling wine or virgin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter