California Grill brunch questions

@1GoldenSun So happy to read that you enjoyed your brunch. I hope it lived up to the hype! My family loved it.

I think the Baba station overtook the crepes Suzette station we had in May. I absolutely adored those crepes, but I’d give the Baba a try, no problem. :)

We will often order at the recommendation of the staff; so fun you did this. We love Shakshuka! Bummer on the half portions but it's understandable.

Yes, I love to know what the staff enjoys! He was very helpful and informed us that in his opinion, the shakshuka and the shrimp and grits are the standout menu items, mostly due to their uniqueness. He said that while good, the omelets, pancakes and french toast are not noticably different than what you can get at any quality establishment serving breakfast/brunch. He said that the hanger steak is very nice, but again, it's steak and eggs such as you would be able to get elsewhere. We were very happy we went with his recommendations. The shrimp and grits were truly remarkable, and I've eaten a lot of shrimp and grits! I had never had shakshuka before but really enjoyed it.

I think the Baba station overtook the crepes Suzette station we had in May. I absolutely adored those crepes, but I’d give the Baba a try, no problem. :)

Haha, I think I would have preferred crepes but there was so much other food I certainly didn't miss them. I prefer savory breakfast foods and thought the baba were a little too sweet, but my husband was gaga for the baba!

I am BEYOND excited to try this on my January trip with my mom. I think it’ll be really special for her. Almost debating seeking a res for my solo trip to (but likely too late for that).

Are you allowed (or charged) for ordering more than one entree? Debating ordering a third so we can try/share a few things.

We were encouraged to order three! No charge.

A tip: get there early for your ADR. They'll go ahead and take you up and there's a little lounge area where you can sit, relish the view, enjoy mimosas and listen to the live musicians. They take requests and seem to know ALL the Disney tunes!

We were encouraged to order three! No charge.

A tip: get there early for your ADR. They'll go ahead and take you up and there's a little lounge area where you can sit, relish the view, enjoy mimosas and listen to the live musicians. They take requests and seem to know ALL the Disney tunes!

Awesome tip, thank you! Really can’t wait to try it!

Yes, I love to know what the staff enjoys! He was very helpful and informed us that in his opinion, the shakshuka and the shrimp and grits are the standout menu items, mostly due to their uniqueness. He said that while good, the omelets, pancakes and french toast are not noticably different than what you can get at any quality establishment serving breakfast/brunch. He said that the hanger steak is very nice, but again, it's steak and eggs such as you would be able to get elsewhere. We were very happy we went with his recommendations. The shrimp and grits were truly remarkable, and I've eaten a lot of shrimp and grits! I had never had shakshuka before but really enjoyed it.

I agree about the steak and eggs; I can get that anywhere. I have never had grits :blush: and love shrimp so thats a must try. DH makes an amazing shakshuka but not with lamb. I also want to try that!

I check multiple times a day, but cannot snag an ADR. Has anyone ever tried walking up and gotten a table? I know it’s a long shot...

I check multiple times a day, but cannot snag an ADR. Has anyone ever tried walking up and gotten a table? I know it’s a long shot...
Brunch at CG is only served once a week so yes it can be hard to get a reservation. I wouldn't count on being a walk-in there but you never know. Before you try that route how about signing up for Touring Plan's reservation finder? You'll get an alert when a reservation is available during the time you requested.

Brunch at CG is only served once a week so yes it can be hard to get a reservation. I wouldn't count on being a walk-in there but you never know. Before you try that route how about signing up for Touring Plan's reservation finder? You'll get an alert when a reservation is available during the time you requested.

I know it depends on your party size but my wife and I were able to walk-in two weeks ago for brunch and be seated immediately. I was shocked at the number of tables available. We plan to go back in the future and if we aren't able to get a reservation we may still try walk-in due to how easy it was.

See my last post... I think it depends on the size of your party but definitely possible.
Maybe it also depends on how busy the the parks and resorts are.
I've been trying to book a CG brunch ADR for November (T-Day week) since the start of August and one during the last 2 Sundays in December since September:(.

Maybe it also depends on how busy the the parks and resorts are.
I've been trying to book a CG brunch ADR for November (T-Day week) since the start of August and one during the last 2 Sundays in December since September:(.

True - We tried for a while before doing our walk-in this trip and were unsuccessful with getting a reservation also. I wonder if they purposefully only allow a lower number of reservations due to the intimate nature and feel they want it to have. Would be very unlike Disney which loves money. If I lived closer I think I would test out walking-in there to get a feel for whether it is really as crazy as the reservation system makes it seem.

That’s a great tip! Thank you!

It’s just my husband and I, so our party is not large. If we are unsuccessful, I may try walk-in. Can’t hurt, right?

That’s a great tip! Thank you!

It’s just my husband and I, so our party is not large. If we are unsuccessful, I may try walk-in. Can’t hurt, right?

The brunch at The Wave sounds really good. If I were you, I would continue to look for an ADR at California Grill & try a walking up if you don’t get one. If that doesn’t pan out, go to The Wave instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter