California Grill ADR Brunch not able to book?

I love bloody Mary’s and had one at the brunch for $15! Wish they would have done that when I was there two weeks ago.

Just a heads up as of today bloody Mary’s ARE included. Price is now $90. We were only notified once we sat down. Cheers!
Really? I think I'd have asked to not have the Bloody Mary's and have the posted price as of the time I made the reservation. Ugh. This may change us doing this. I assume the kids price didn't go up?

Last edited:
I certainly don't know how this restaurant operates, but there's a chance that the empty tables are on purpose. Maybe they want to keep it a smallish thing....not like Boma where sometimes a couple dozen people are milling around the buffet. Just a thought.

So bummed. Since my mom backed out on our dates, I switched weekends and consequently lost the brunch ADR.

Now I’m just stalking waiting for one to open up in February. Definitely on my must-dos.

Given all of the other price increases it doesn’t surprise me that this increased too. I am surprised that they are including the Bloody Mary though. I wish I enjoyed them, but I don’t!!! I am still looking forward to my ADR in February. I don’t enjoy dinner here, but I am hoping brunch is a different story!

Josh on Easywdw is quoting for the brunch:

Adult: $95.85 (tax included), Child: $57.51

With including tax that would jive with $90 price-point? Don't really care about the Bloody Mary unless I can make mine a Screwdriver. Still very much looking forward to this meal though ...

I assume the kids price didn't go up?

If the pricing above is correct, the kids price (with tax) is now $57.51, where it used to be $51.12 (with tax) ... looks like the kids price went from $48 to 54 (without tax)

OK - let's examine something....

Adult: $95.85 (tax included), Child: $57.51

Something is wrong. Two DDP points is worth about $75. If this IS the case, without a surcharge for DDP? Cash customers are subsidizing DDP.
Hoping for more data, as the numbers are not adding up?

I paid $77.50 for two dining credits. Before the price increase, there really wasn't much of a difference. I don't think it's really fair to say you are subsidizing the DDP. Disney just hasn't upped the price of the DDP. It's coming. They just haven't done it yet.

I don't drink. Does that mean I am subsidizing the people on the dining plan who do? No.. it's a choice.

Ok we had brunch on Sunday.. awesome!!
I think I paid $162 total for 2 by that was with TIW card.
The champagne was flowing... unlimited. Thought mimosa but no juice. Fine by me;-) I had 4 ... FOP took on another level!!
Anyway I’m pretty sure the Bloody Mary bar was $10. Not included.

You can order more than one entree, which so happy I did. I ordered the Shrimp/ grits dish for the middle and was one of the best things I ever ate!
As opposed to the eggs Benedict .... Undercooked. My mom sent it back and I think they just put more hollandsise sauce on it because white of egg was still runny. Cut open and just yolk running very thin.

Other than that everything was amazing and I would go back so I hope they keep it:/)
Kerri

OK - let's go with $77.50 for two DDP dining credits.

$77.50 < $95.85.

Without a surcharge? Someone is making up the Restaurant's loss. Guess who that might be.

Be Our Guest is 2 dining credits or $55 cash for dinner. I guess I am subsidizing the people who pay cash if that is your thought process.

Here today and it’s amazing. FYI Bloody Mary bar is a separate charge today $10. Not sure if they tried including and decided to go back to separate?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter