California Girl Heading to WDW

MacMama0930

I've Found My Laughing Place
Hi everyone!

I am a CA native and although I only relatively recently became a Disney fanatic, I'd like to think I'm pretty well versed in Disneyland and have logged 7 trips in the last few years. I am heading to WDW primarily for a work convention in April - staying at the Coronado Springs Resort (only because the convention is there). I'll be there from a Sunday afternoon through mid day Wednesday. I'll be at the convention for *most business hours (but not all - as there are aspects of the convention I don't care to attend). I have a 3 day hopper ticket right now.

Because this isn't a family trip, I'm not exactly into, nor do I think I need to excessively plan for this trip. And because I am not well versed in the FP+ system, I am wanting to book events/tours that will make it the most convenient and time conducive as well.

I still plan on trying to book FP when my window opens up, so I haven't given up on that, but I did book the Ultimate Night of Adventures which seems to include most of the headliners at Animal Kingdom. I have read reviews - seems like reviews are mixed. Given that I have never been to the parks, don't know the ins and outs and FP+, and have a pretty short window of opportunity to enjoy the attractions, would you say I should do this? I know value is a relative term. While the price does seem sort of steep, I'm used to paying a premium for the extras on my Disneyland trips, including preferred dining, dessert parties and tours.

Also, I really wanted to do the Frozen Dessert party, where you get to see Illuminations and then go ride Frozen. Doesn't seem like any times have opened up for April. Is that typical or do you think they did away with that package?

Any other advice is greatly appreciated!

Also...what can I expect the weather to be like in early April?

Assuming your trip isn't the week of Apr 1, you'll have decent crowd levels and the weather should be beautiful. A little more humid than you're used to on the west coast, but not too bad.

As to the Ultimate Adventure, if it's a refundable type thing, I'd be tempted to book it now (to be sure I could), but if I was successful in getting a FP+ for FoP, I'd probably cancel it. It is a lot of money, and other than FoP, you should be able to do the rest of AK without too much trouble.

Assuming your trip isn't the week of Apr 1, you'll have decent crowd levels and the weather should be beautiful. A little more humid than you're used to on the west coast, but not too bad.

As to the Ultimate Adventure, if it's a refundable type thing, I'd be tempted to book it now (to be sure I could), but if I was successful in getting a FP+ for FoP, I'd probably cancel it. It is a lot of money, and other than FoP, you should be able to do the rest of AK without too much trouble.

Gotcha. Ok, I did book it and it is refundable so I guess I'll see if I can get FP for FoP - that is definitely a top priority, and I would love to do it more than once. Fingers crossed =) Thank you! Oh and I'm not going the first week...thank goodness.

Gotcha. Ok, I did book it and it is refundable so I guess I'll see if I can get FP for FoP - that is definitely a top priority, and I would love to do it more than once. Fingers crossed =) Thank you! Oh and I'm not going the first week...thank goodness.
As stated above..Price is high....If you score a FP for FoP Then I'd rope drop it as well when heading to that park....As long as you get to the park fairly earlier than it opens, they should start letting the crown in through the gates and up over the bridge and closer to where you can make the left at the tree of Life.... By doing it this way, you'll get to see the whole pre-ride stuff that you'll miss out on with a FP... Depending on when you get to the park will determine how long a wait it'll be but IMHO, well worth it. As far as other FP's for that park.. Maybe EE and/or Fotlk or something...You should have no issues with this park at all.
HS, is a mere few hours at best, so if you are hopping that park with let's say EPCOT, then I would absolutely FP Frozen, for that ride is always Long, and either TT, or Soarin as well.. But Rope dropping the ones you dont get FP's for... All other rides will be minimal Over at HS, TSMM & RnRC are the 2 tough ones to get, but a single rider will help for some rides too.

At MK It's up to your discretion ,but the sought after one here is 7DMT. And always PP ( Which still confuses me ). We usually either FP Splash or Space....

As stated above..Price is high....If you score a FP for FoP Then I'd rope drop it as well when heading to that park....As long as you get to the park fairly earlier than it opens, they should start letting the crown in through the gates and up over the bridge and closer to where you can make the left at the tree of Life.... By doing it this way, you'll get to see the whole pre-ride stuff that you'll miss out on with a FP... Depending on when you get to the park will determine how long a wait it'll be but IMHO, well worth it. As far as other FP's for that park.. Maybe EE and/or Fotlk or something...You should have no issues with this park at all.
HS, is a mere few hours at best, so if you are hopping that park with let's say EPCOT, then I would absolutely FP Frozen, for that ride is always Long, and either TT, or Soarin as well.. But Rope dropping the ones you dont get FP's for... All other rides will be minimal Over at HS, TSMM & RnRC are the 2 tough ones to get, but a single rider will help for some rides too.

At MK It's up to your discretion ,but the sought after one here is 7DMT. And always PP ( Which still confuses me ). We usually either FP Splash or Space....

Thank you!! Unfortunately, I won’t be rope dropping due to the convention. I think one day I could get there around noon but the others are all later in the afternoon :(

Thank you!! Unfortunately, I won’t be rope dropping due to the convention. I think one day I could get there around noon but the others are all later in the afternoon :(

No worries. Just hop in the line at the very end of the day (15 min or so before closing). They'll still let you ride.

You can never over plan at WDW. Went to Disneyland last year and felt unprepared because there's virtually no planning to do compared to WDW. Have a game plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter