• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

California Dreaming!!!!

Ella1

<font color=blue>Thinks DL is the best park<br><fo
I think with all the time I spend on the DIS and checking out hotels in Anaheim and flights to LA for next year, I went to bed last night and had a lovely dream!!
I dreamt that I was moving out to Anaheim and taking my little Ella :dog2: with me, I kept telling everyone that I would be spending Xmas Day wearing shorts and that I would never need a winter coat again.
The only thing that bothered me was that I would have to put up with the big flying black bugs in the Summer (what are these things called???) but I thought I could survive and I was really looking forward to it :Pinkbounc
Then I woke up and it was just a dream :eek: .
Oh well, theres always next year if I can afford to go!!!
Love Ella

LOL Ella-i think we're both having these dreams then :rotfl2: Can anyone reccomend ways of two british families doing california on a budget please. :goodvibes
Ella has one DD 17 and i have 3 children 13,9 and 7 :) thanks

Great dream!
Big black flying bugs? Where did you hear that? :confused3 Maybe it's a joke?

Lulubelle,
its not a joke, we saw them last year, they are big black flying beetle type things that seem to fly at your face and they make a buzzing noise!!!
One hit me in the face when we were sat round the pool and it was horrible (I have a huge fear of cockroaches and stag beetles)and all the "locals" just looked at me like I'd gone mad!!! I was batting it with my towel and runnng round like somebody possessed.
We didn't see these when we were there in November.
Love Ella

Hmmm, I've lived here all my life and I've never seen any big black flying bugs. I don't think you have to worry about them.

Melissa

Maybe it wasn't that big, but to me it was HUGE!!!!...lol.Maybe its some kind of bumble bee or something but it had a black shell that was shining slightly green in the sun, the first one I saw was in a litter bin when I went to throw some paper in there and I nearly passed out!!!It then flew out and headed straight for me...lol.Saw a couple of them flying around when we were at DD and Knotts Berry Farm, also saw a cockroach on the first morning last year, but no more after that (we were there for 4 weeks) and I was told its unusual for you to get them.
I spend my whole holidays just looking for bugs due to this phobia I have about them, but the worst place was Orlando, we saw LOADS of cockroaches and this really massive cockroach type thing that landed in the swimming pool on a mans chest!!! Heard somebody say it might be a water bug.
Love Ella

Big black flying bugs, yuck!!

I think I know what you are referring to, I only see maybe one a year, the only one I saw this year was already dead, my daughter brought inside thinking it was a toy bug, yuck!

green_fruit_beetle.jpg

In the Western desert areas of Arizona and California, the Green Fruit Beetle, Cotinus mutabilis, also known as the Fig Eater Beetle, is common in August. It is a large scarab and does not have long antennae. They eat overly ripe fruit, especially peaches and figs, and cactus fruit. Adults buzz loudly while flying.

Thats him!!!!! I would recognise him anywhere, he was the one that terrorised me!!!!!...lol.
Seriously, that is what I saw and not just one, i saw at least 6 of these damn things, though I do admit to looking for them! So if we come in July we wont see any of these damn things????
Thanks Alice's Mom, I was beginning to wonder if I have started seeing things!!...lol.
Love Ella

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter