California Dreamin' - I'm back & TR started - UPDATED 14TH OCT

Day 8 - 8th September

We woke up about 10.30/11am today, i think these long days are starting to catch up on us and some more lay-in's were needed.
We were soon ready and heading down to the pool around 11.30, room key shown, towels collected and we went off to look for a couple of free sun loungers. Seems like theres loads, so i'm sure we won't have trouble finding a couple of free ones i thought, well WRONG it was a nightmare. We walked around most of the pool before finally spotting two empty ones, i couldn't believe how busy it was and how much trouble we had just to find an empy lounger, thankfully the 2 we found were right by the pool so we didn't have to squeeze through everyone when we fancied a dip, which became pretty often with how hot it was.

Holiday2009559.jpg

Holiday2009564.jpg

We were soon getting hungry and surprise, surprise Darren fancied a burger so over the road it was to McD's a big mac meal for him and 1/4 pounder meal for me, afterwards we walked up to the Target by the Venetian to get some drinks & snacks for the room.

Holiday2009568.jpg

Back to the hotel to take the things up to the room and get the car keys as it needed returning today before 4pm, we sorted that and headed back to the pool thankfully we didn't have as much trouble finding a couple of beds this time but it was still pretty busy.

Holiday2009573.jpg

Holiday2009572.jpg

We went and sat in the hot tub for a bit before heading up to the room to shower and get changed about 6pm, we were all freshened up and ready to head back out about 7.30pm.

Holiday2009576.jpg

Holiday2009577.jpg

Holiday2009586.jpg

We headed down towards the Planet Hollywood as we fancied a look around the shops there, just as we got to the Bellagio the fountains had just started so we stopped to watch those again.

Holiday2009587.jpg

Holiday2009589.jpg

We carried on our walk towards the PH taking in the WOWness of the strip along the way

Holiday2009597.jpg

Holiday2009598.jpg

WE had a quick look in some of the shops at Miracle mile @ PH but were both feeling rather hungry and decided to get something to eat rather than do some shopping, we both fancied a chinese so I suggested PF Changs which was at PH so we didn't have to walk anywhere else, there was a 5-10 minute wait but we were quickly seated, neither of us had been to PF Changs before and were pleased with our choice to eat there, Callamari to share and Sweet & Sour pork for Darren and Chicken in black bean sauce for me. Food eaten and $40 bill payed we headed back out and decided we fancied checking out The NY NY.
Stopping in the Coke shop and M&M world along the way, where we couldn't help make a few purchases.

Holiday2009601.jpg

Holiday2009602.jpg

(you'll notice the heels were left behind tonight ;) )

Holiday2009604.jpg

Holiday2009613.jpg

Holiday2009614.jpg

Holiday2009616.jpg

Holiday2009635.jpg

Holiday2009637.jpg

Holiday2009642.jpg

Holiday2009644.jpg

Holiday2009645.jpg

We went into the NY for a look around and i was going to go on the coaster but said i'd do it another day as I had a bit of a headache, stupidly though i should have just gone on as we didn't go back to the NYNY again during the trip :(

Holiday2009656.jpg

Holiday2009657.jpg

Holiday2009659.jpg

Holiday2009660.jpg

We decided to walk further down the strip to the Luxor but by the time we got there, we were getting too tired to be bothered to go in properly and have a look so decided to head back up towards our hotel.

Holiday2009662.jpg

Holiday2009665.jpg

Holiday2009666.jpg

Holiday2009678.jpg

Holiday2009679.jpg

It was about 2am by the time we got back to the Mirage and we were deffiently ready for bed, our legs were starting to get annoyed with us and were aching, must be all the walking we had been making them do on this trip :laughing:

Great pictures!

If you had a headache, it's a good thing you skipped the coaster at NYNY. You would have felt worse if you had gone on it. It's fun but unless they've changed it a bit, it's a ROUGH ride.

Hey hunny!

I demand you start a wedding PJ! hehe!! :goodvibes

I feel like its WAY to early to start. Its 2 years and 6 months till my DISNEYWORLD wedding :banana::banana::banana::banana: yes you read right? i got my dream haha. im so excited & happy. :woohoo: i roughly know now what i want, im hoping we might be able to save all the money in time to bring in forward a year but i'm not sure atm

I feel like its WAY to early to start. Its 2 years and 6 months till my DISNEYWORLD wedding :banana::banana::banana::banana: yes you read right? i got my dream haha. im so excited & happy. :woohoo: i roughly know now what i want, im hoping we might be able to save all the money in time to bring in forward a year but i'm not sure atm

its not to earlyyyyyyyyy!!!

There is no harm is starting one- just a little intro PJ, lotsa piccys of you guys, your engagement ect, piccys of you in DISNEY...!!! after the trip report you have written here- i cant even imagine how good your wedding pj will be!! Its never to early to start posting ideas and things you like! PLEASEEE start a pj! hehe!! it was like 2 years when i started mine and time flysssss by! Im fipping booking the wedding next month! :scared1:

A Disney wedding??? Lucky!!! I would love to get married there, it's my dream. I can't wait until you start a PJ because I will DEFINITELY be following along. :)

its not to earlyyyyyyyyy!!!

There is no harm is starting one- just a little intro PJ, lotsa piccys of you guys, your engagement ect, piccys of you in DISNEY...!!! after the trip report you have written here- i cant even imagine how good your wedding pj will be!! Its never to early to start posting ideas and things you like! PLEASEEE start a pj! hehe!! it was like 2 years when i started mine and time flysssss by! Im fipping booking the wedding next month! :scared1:

I can't believe you will be booking next month, its coming around fast.

A Disney wedding??? Lucky!!! I would love to get married there, it's my dream. I can't wait until you start a PJ because I will DEFINITELY be following along. :)

I always thought it would just be a dream, because as i've mentioned here Darren isn't exactly a Disney lover but i got him to agree very easily :love:

ok, ok i'll do it lol once i finished this i will start it :)

Day 9 - September 9th

Another lay in today, we didn't get up till around 11am and were soon showered and ready (well i was sat waiting for Darren), so I popped downstairs to the coffe shop for a cappachino for the slow one amongst us and a tea & crossont for me hoping he'd be ready when i got back upstairs. I woke up feeling a bit yukky today, very worn out, chesty and sick and was hoping the sickness would pass and with a couple extra nebulisers through the day my chest would feel a bit better too. We went down to the pool about 12 and although it was really busy again we didn't have as much trouble finding 2 free loungers today, settled on our loungers we had a relaxing hour and a half or so before deciding to go get something to eat, i was still feeling unwell and hoping maybe having something to eat would make the sicky feeling go. We went to the cafe/restuarant thats outside near the pool (sorry can't remember what it's called and for some reason I have no note of what we ate either but i'd put £100 on it that Darren had a burger) Food eaten and we popped over to the Target by the Venetian again for more drinks for the room.

Holiday2009684.jpg

Holiday2009685.jpg

Items back in the room and we went back to laze by the pool hoping our loungers hadn't been taken by anyone else which they had but it didn't really matter because a few had become empty now.
Laying out in the sun was not helping with me feeling sick and I had a really bad headache by now too but determind not to let it get the better of me i ignored it as much as I could but gave in about 4pm when i knew I just had to get out of the sun and go have a sleep otherwise i'd be going nowhere but bed this evening. So we went upto the room and Darren was watching Beverly hills cop and i remember laying down about 4.30 and waking up and to my surprise it was 6.30pm i couldn't believe i slept for 2 hours but I must of needed it as i woke up feeling much better.

Showered and ready to head out for the evening about 8pm, we went straight to the Forum shops at Ceaser's as I wanted to go to MAC for yet more makeup.

Holiday2009693.jpg

Holiday2009694.jpg

Holiday2009697.jpg

Holiday2009700.jpg

Makeup purchased plus 2 tops from Abercrombie we were getting quite hungry and Darren spotted Planet hollywood so we went in there, i was surprised it was quite empt infact it was rather empty which always makes me wonder if we had made the wrong choice, but nope food was lovely, service was great.

Holiday2009703.jpg

Holiday2009707.jpg

I'm sure i've read people saying to avoid it but our experiance was good. 2 cokes, Chicken wings to share, BBQ cheeseburger for Darren & pulled pork for me and $40 bill payed we headed out. We had a quick look around Caeser's and then decided to go check out the Venetian, we did fancy doing the Gondola ride but unfortunately we were too late and it was closed by the time we got there :( It was really surprising how we just lost track of time so easily, before you know it it's 12-1am

Holiday2009717.jpg

Holiday2009722.jpg

Holiday2009725.jpg

Holiday2009729.jpg

Holiday2009730.jpg

Holiday2009732.jpg

Holiday2009735.jpg

Holiday2009739.jpg

Holiday2009743.jpg

Holiday2009752.jpg

Holiday2009753.jpg

I was starting to feel really tired again so we decided to head back, grabbed a drink along the way and we were back in the room and ready for bed by about 12.30.

Day 10 - 10th September

Another lay in today and wasn't up untill about 11am again, the late nights and all the walking about is really starting to tire me out and the heat isn't helping, but i wasn't feeling as bad as yesterday which was good.
Down to the pool about 12pm and we couldn't believe how crowded it seemed even worse than the first day we went down looking for a lounger, i guess as it was a thursday the weekend crowds were starting to come in.
We got hungry about 1-1.30pm and headed over to Denny's American grand slam with a coke for Darren and a NY Philly melt (without cheese) and a coke for me, it was packed in there so we had a bit of a wait for our order to be taken and food to come, but we were eventually done and payed the $25 bill before heading back to the pool.
We ended heading up about 4.30 as I wanted to go to see the Dolphins & Tigers at the hotel and it closed at 6.30pm, we didn't have long in there as we weren't ready till just before 5.30pm, $15 entry each payed and we had about an hour to look around. By the time we went in it was pretty empty and unfortunately the shops were closed which meant no soft toys for me :(

Holiday2009767.jpg

Holiday2009775.jpg

Holiday2009776.jpg

Holiday2009780.jpg

Holiday2009787.jpg

Holiday2009789.jpg

Holiday2009792.jpg

Holiday2009791.jpg

Holiday2009795.jpg

The tigers were beautiful, and they had some strange animal that I have no idea what it was.

Holiday2009798.jpg

Holiday2009797.jpg

Unfortunately we didnt see much of the Dolphins which I was sad about as I love them, just a couple swimming about which we mainly saw from the underwater viewing area.

Holiday2009801.jpg

Holiday2009806.jpg

Holiday2009807.jpg

Holiday2009811.jpg

Holiday2009812.jpg

I went to Las Vegas with my mom years ago and somehow she never saw the volcano at the Mirage! It erupts every 15 minutes I believe so I'm not sure how she missed it. I saw it probably 10 times during that trip! :rotfl:

I went to Las Vegas with my mom years ago and somehow she never saw the volcano at the Mirage! It erupts every 15 minutes I believe so I'm not sure how she missed it. I saw it probably 10 times during that trip! :rotfl:

haha thats too funny, how could she miss it? it's pretty big & loud :lmao:

That's what I said!!!

I saw that you'll be in New York in 2010! I don't live far from NYC!

Yes i cannot wait, its somewhere i have wanted to visit since i watched Home alone 2 years ago but for one reason or another the trip hasn't happened yet so i'm determind to get there in June, ideally i would have prefered christmas time but that means waiting over yet another year plus im scared of the cold, i mean it gets cold here but i don't think NY cold :laughing:

Yes i cannot wait, its somewhere i have wanted to visit since i watched Home alone 2 years ago but for one reason or another the trip hasn't happened yet so i'm determind to get there in June, ideally i would have prefered christmas time but that means waiting over yet another year plus im scared of the cold, i mean it gets cold here but i don't think NY cold :laughing:

It's already in the 30s here. I can't believe how quickly it got cold out! Since you're there during the summer, go see a baseball game! The Yankees and Mets just opened brand new stadiums this past year.

Hi, just caught up. Good report! Sounds like a nice relaxing trip. Hope to hear about San Diego soon, and congrats on your engagement, beautiful ring! I'm going to read your Planning journal soon too.

Hi, just caught up. Good report! Sounds like a nice relaxing trip. Hope to hear about San Diego soon, and congrats on your engagement, beautiful ring! I'm going to read your Planning journal soon too.

Thank you :)

I must get the rest of this posted, i have it done on the computer just haven't got around to posting

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter